Irregular Cycle Sisters

I'll join you ladies. I use to have regular 28 day cycles but after i had my son 2 yrs ago it has been irregular

Hello Ladies:

I too would like to join you. My cylces have been irregular since having my Mirena removed in Aug. 09, prior to that I would have a cycle every 26 days now it varies from 26 to currently 37. I hope it works itself out naturally or with medical intervention prior to my date to attempt conception. Hopefully, I will work the bugs out prior to BDing but we are having fun leading up to it! Fingers crossed!

I just started taking bc to regulate it

I just started taking bc to regulate it

I do not want to go that route. I am hopeful that Aunt Flo makes an appearance by the weekend without intrevention. We are looking to conceive in September so I have at least 2 cycles to figure this out.:wacko:

Hey girls, thought I'd just post here since I definitely have irregular cycles. Currently on CD 100+. I've tried parsley tea and Vitamin C to induce AF but neither worked. I have a doctor's appointment on September 1 and I'm going to ask for Provera and to be tested for PCOS.

I am 30 years old and I have been TTC for 2 months. I got my periods at age 10 and have been on BC for 4 years between 200-2008. The irregular periods are frustrating. Anybody else in the same boat?

My periods were are 37 days for 2 months between March-May. Before that they were 56-69 days for 6 months and before that 31-33 days for 6 months and before that 69-109 days for 6 months. God, I feel like crying.

I was irregular before bc but dont remember how irregular. I cared less then.
My doctors are giving me conflicting opinions.
My Gynac says I should try for a year and then try Clomid.
GP says I should take Levothyroxine (hypothyroid treatment) till I conceive though my thyroid levels are very normal.
I disagree with both of them.

I am going to look at the Accupuncture option. My insurance does not cover accupuncture, but thats another issue. Has anybody had any success with this?

I also keep hearing about herbal solutions to regulate menses: Vita..someting, Mata..something, Dong Quai, Black Cohosh. Dont want to try it on my own but wondering if it has worked wonders of anyone?

I am 30 years old and I have been TTC for 2 months. I got my periods at age 10 and have been on BC for 4 years between 200-2008. The irregular periods are frustrating. Anybody else in the same boat?

My periods were are 37 days for 2 months between March-May. Before that they were 56-69 days for 6 months and before that 31-33 days for 6 months and before that 69-109 days for 6 months. God, I feel like crying.

I was irregular before bc but dont remember how irregular. I cared less then.
My doctors are giving me conflicting opinions.
My Gynac says I should try for a year and then try Clomid.
GP says I should take Levothyroxine (hypothyroid treatment) till I conceive though my thyroid levels are very normal.
I disagree with both of them.

I am going to look at the Accupuncture option. My insurance does not cover accupuncture, but thats another issue. Has anybody had any success with this?

I also keep hearing about herbal solutions to regulate menses: Vita..someting, Mata..something, Dong Quai, Black Cohosh. Dont want to try it on my own but wondering if it has worked wonders of anyone?

Hey HotChillies, I know what you mean - it can really get you down when the bleeding seems like its not going to stop. Between March 1st - May 23rd I bled heavily and constantly. It got to the point where the room went black every time I tried to stand up. I had to work as best as I could from home - it was horrible and I remember crying on the phone to my mum (who I never swear infront of) telling her that trying to get pregnant was really sh*t and I hated it. Since then I have been on and off noristerone which stops your bleeding and a few days later brings on a normal period and then the bleeding stops. At the moment I'm on clomid and I have to say that it has been wonderful in stopping my bleeding as ever since my March to May episode (which me and DH call 'the big bleed of 09') I've been spotting and not having normal periods. So now I take noristerone to bring on a period and then clomid to make me ovulate so I don't bleed mid-cycle. If I knew a year ago what I knew now I would have pushed and pushed and pushed to be put on clomid. Have you had blood tests to check to see if you are ovulating?

Wanting2010 - it sounds like you have the opposite problem in that you want to have an AF - it must be frustrating just waiting for it to happen. Do you think you are ovulating as it doesn't sound like you are - good luck with the doc - hope you get what you want.

Anyway, I'm on clomid at 100mg this cycle. We were supposed to be leaving for a holiday in Paris tomorrow but yesterday my DH was made redundant and so we can't afford to go anywhere now. His redundancy was a real shock and I think we both need time to get used to it and start the job hunt. Anyway, I'm keeping my fx that the clomid works this cycle as at 50mg my 21 day blood test showed my hormone levels were WAY below average. Ever since my ectopic my body hasn't been the same - it has really thrown it sideways.

Hi Amanda, Shey & Dyme - its good to have you in the group.

Good luck to all of you xx

Wanting2010 - it sounds like you have the opposite problem in that you want to have an AF - it must be frustrating just waiting for it to happen. Do you think you are ovulating as it doesn't sound like you are - good luck with the doc - hope you get what you want.

It is very frustrating!! My last period was in March, and I have had some spotting a couple times since then, a lot of cramping off and on, etc. It's uncomfortable and aggravating. I really don't think I am ovulating, so I'm going to bring that up when I go see the doctor. Thanks! =)

Wanting - good luck at the docs, a bit of clomid and I'm sure it will have you ovulating again - fx for you :hugs:

Good luck to everyone else this cycle - here is some luck thrown your way:

:dust:

thank you redhead!

have any of you girls experienced bleeding a week after AF?

id like to join too, although i kinda feel like a fraud, my irregular cycles vary from 22-34 days but my gp says im not ovulating. my bleeds are very very light sometimes just bleed for one day then it stops then comes back 2 days later for another day then 2 days later for another day.

to sort me out he has put me on the pil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for 3 months which has stressed me out as i dont want to be on the pill when im ttc anyway babydust all round xxx

I feel all of your pain! I envy the ladies who have a 28 day cycle! I went off BCP in January and have had 3 cycles since! 37 days, 39 days and 90 days! I am currently on the 4th cycle and am on day 35 with still no O! I have been trying not to stress too much and try to do an OPK every other day so I dont miss a surge. Best of Luck to you all!

Hi girls - hope you are all well :flower:

Shey - yeah I've had bleeding after AF - my doc has never been worried about it and I think it is a sign that your body isn't gearing up to ovulate (thats what it has always been for me anyway).

ineedbabydust - I went on the pill for three months to try and sort out my lack of ovulation and totally irregular periods, bleeding constantly for days and days. Anyway, the pill worked for about three months after I stopped taking it and then my bad body went back to its old ways. I have to say the only thing that has sorted me out so far has been clomid - I have five days of bleeding on it and then nothing til CD28 - its been really good at sorting my cycles out. :happydance: Good luck with it all :hugs:

Aries - good luck with it - have you tried Soya Isoflavones as they are supposed to be great at kick-starting your cycle. :thumbup:

Redhead31,

After interviewing 4 acupuncturists, I finally settled on one. Not covered by Insurance and paying a hefty $650 for 10 treatments. And to add to that, I am unemployed.

After the 1st treatment, I feel very calm and relaxed and sleep was heavy. My bowel movement was also different. Thats the update from me. Whats up with you?

Lots of Baby Dust!
Luv,
HotChillies

Hi Aries,

I am in a similar situation. After some efforts for the last 2 years and having regular + irregular cycles mix, I have decided on doing acupuncture. I read quite a bit about this online and I just finished my 1st treatment yesterday. Feeling relaxed and sleepy today.

Good Luck to you and lost os baby dust.
HotChillies

redhead- I have heard about the soy isoflavones and have been giving it some thought. I can tell my body is trying to O but cant quite get there! I get EWCM, cramps, sore boobs, but not +opk! Dr said we can talk about clomid in January (after 1 year). Im not sure if I would be a candidate though. I feel I have low estrogen maybe??

Hotchillies- I have a friend who started acupuncture as well. She loves it! She has tried Clomid, IUI etc. She said she can really feel a difference with the acupuncture. I hope it works for you both! I may consider that after a few more months. I am open to anything to regulate my cycles!

Best of Luck Ladies!

Hey girls, hope you had a good weekend.

Hotchillies - wow sounds like the acupuncture is doing some good, even if it just leaves you feeling relaxed! I've thought about having it done as it is recommended by so many people and is suggested in a lot of books - I will be following your progress with it :hugs:

Aries - it sounds like clomid would be great for you as it gives your estrogen a boost. Having irregular cycles suck and docs don't seem to be able to do much, other than put you on the pill, which is not what you need when TTC.

Well it took 100mg of clomid but for the first time in MONTHS I've actually ovulated :happydance: Now I'm looking forward to seeing if anything happens this month.

Good luck to you all girls - I hope that whatever you are trying works out for you xx

Glad you detected O this month! Hoping you get your BFP! As for me and clomid, dr wants me to wait until end of year and do further testing...they don't seem to take you serious until after a year of TTC.

Oh dears! I honestly don't think you have any idea what Irregular is. haha Sometimes my cycle is 30 days, the next 42, and then the next 37. And i don't even ovulate every month. =( I have been ttc for 9 months! It's crazy! I wish i had a regular 28 day cycle! :cry:

Hi Ladies! I too have irregular cycles. TTC 2 years, my shortest cylce was 12 days and my longest over 90 days. The doc had me take provera to induce the next cycle where I took clomid. Clomid does seem to help make the cycle 28 days at least. I did get pregnant after my second round of clomid and had a very early MC. Tried clomid a few more times but no BFP. On a break now, thinking of trying clomid again in a few months. Was kind of hoping it would just happen durring this break but so far no luck. Currently on cd 40. I had some EWCM on day 24 and was hoping for the O, but so far I have tested and all BFN.

Good luck to you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"