Irregular Cycle Sisters

Hey girls! I was wondering if any of you have determined why you have long cycles? It is PCOS? Ur natural cycle? Other hormone imbalances? I was on BCP for so long but I think it was just masking my true cycles..which are very long.

:shrug: waiting on results of a blood test atm...

my cycles were about 2 months long until the last one went to 4 months long and this one is hitting 3 months already :shrug: the dr said she suspects pcos..just waiting on confirmation :cry:

I'm sorry to hear that hun :hugs:. Keep us posted. I am starting to think I may have that as well. Dr. did bloodwork and she said everything looked ok, but I did have some cysts on my right ovary. I tend to be on the low end of average weight though so I think Drs typically try to rule it out based on that alone. My Dr said we should wait until the end of this year to do more testing. :shrug:

ok

my dr told me im on the high side for my body mass index thingy...and if it is pcos then losing weight will help it

:thumbup: good that you seem to be ok (according to ur dr)

Well Goodluck! I am CD 53 with no O yet so I am right behind you. Last cycle was 90 days. So frustrating, but staying positive that all us irregular cycle girls will get our chance!!

gosh...im nearly at 90 days!!! :argh: gosh i just want it to end!!

yes lets hope us irregular girls get what we want too

Aries are you taking anything to help your cycles? and do you think its working?

dandy- currently not on anything. Dr wants to wait until we have been trying a year. I dont understand that either. If I was perfectly healthy I would understand, but with 90 day cycles something has got to be wrong! I have been giving some thought to acupuncture, or seeking out a reproductive endocrinologist. I am torn between being patient and seeing how things play out and getting answers now!:wacko:

I feel your pain...im curious to try acupuncture too to see if it actually does help

ok so i got a call from the dr and have made an appointment for monday :( she was full up till then...so more waiting

i would also prefer to not have to take anything..i would prefer it to happen naturally, but we need cycles!! so i guess if it comes back i have to take something for it then...i will have to i guess :dohh:

same :dohh:

well it seems my cervix has closed and my nipples are no longer sore and still no AF!! :grr: I think maybe a possible anovulatory cycle? :shrug:

started back on vitex today for a bit, will stop it if the dr gives me something else just to see if what they say works

well it seems my cervix has closed and my nipples are no longer sore and still no AF!! :grr: I think maybe a possible anovulatory cycle? :shrug:

started back on vitex today for a bit, will stop it if the dr gives me something else just to see if what they say works

My nipples get sore after I ovulate, but then goes away. You may have ovulated dandy! If you are not charting your temps to confirm ovulation, I would definitely take a HPT in the next weeks if u dont get :witch:

2 days off a 100 day cycle:cry:

lindsey- Sorry you are having such crazy cycles! It is so depressing..I think we all know. I saw you on the CD 80+ girls thread! My last cycle was 90 and looking that way again this cycle. On CD55 now. Have you discussed your long cycles with a Dr? Hang in there! :flower:

My nipples get sore after I ovulate, but then goes away. You may have ovulated dandy! If you are not charting your temps to confirm ovulation, I would definitely take a HPT in the next weeks if u dont get :witch:

yeah check my siggy and click on the FF one it will show you my chart :dohh: it looks soo bad, i cant follow it :shrug:

i thought AF normally started for me when my boobs stopped hurting :shrug: we shall just play the waiting game some more :dohh:

2 days off a 100 day cycle:cry:

lindsey- Sorry you are having such crazy cycles! It is so depressing..I think we all know. I saw you on the CD 80+ girls thread! My last cycle was 90 and looking that way again this cycle. On CD55 now. Have you discussed your long cycles with a Dr? Hang in there! :flower:

my doctors wont even do anything all they keep saying is stress and wont help me

Hey Girls! What's new? I thought I would post the latest news on me..

Went to see a "reproductive endocronologist" Friday. He did a few different tests and suggested I start Provera. I started today and now just waiting for :witch:. To be honest, I was a little unsure. I was waiting so long this cycle (60 days) to ovulate and havent, but I still had hope that I would. Now..it's like starting all over again. Dr says we need to get bloodwork on day 2-3 of cycle so I could be waiting long time (last cycle was 90) if I do not take Provera. He can hopefully get some more answers then and maybe have a plan. He also said my thyroid did feel a little enlarged, so he is looking into further. My previous thyroid test came back normal. Anyone have experience with Provera?

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend! :thumbup:

aries :hugs: glad they are trying to get some answers for you. sorry no experience with provera good luck hope it does the trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->