Irregular gestational sac?

whosthebaby

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have no idea how far I am supposed to be, i had this scan on Monday and I would be minimum 4.5-5+5 weeks pregnant.

There is no yolk but the doctor wasn't worried, but the shape seems a little strange!

I had to upload the image on tiny pic because I can't figure out how to add one on here :-(
https://tinypic.com/r/hs74pd/8 Here is the ultrasound

Anyone had similar?

It looks ok to me! Although it not very clear. But yeh it looks fine! If docs not concerned then there's probably nothing to worry about xxx

Looks good and I think I see the yolk on the left side...could be wrong.

It looks ok to me too. I'm sure if they were concerned they would have said something. There's not an awful lot to see in an early scan. My scan was an empty sac and a small clot of blood (apparently very common).. the sac looks similar to yours. X

I would wait another week or two before drawing any conclusions about the shape. It's possible it will right itself. I don't have pictures to share but I did have an irregular shaped sac last year. It started round at 5 weeks with a big dip in it (kind of like if someone had taken a bite out of a cookie) and a yolk sac. Then at 6 weeks it was banana shaped with baby measuring small and a slow heartbeat of 93. At 7 weeks the sac looked like a deflated balloon with a heartbeat of 55. At a little over 8 weeks, baby was confirmed no longer with a beating heart.

You're still VERY early so I wouldn't be too nervous about the shape of your sac just yet. So many things can effect the appearance from the tilt of your uterus, to the angle of the wand and how it's held, etc. I know it's so hard to not worry but try your best. To be honest, to me...your sac looks normal. I shared my story only because I didn't want to read and run, afraid of sharing what I went through. But I also know how important it is to hear stories from people who HAVE been through what you're going through.

I honestly think your sac looks okay, but as we all know, only time will tell xoxo hugs to you hun!!!

Wow, you ladies are amazing. Thank you so much for taking a look and your reassuring words .. I was so excited on Monday that they found the sac then after googling (I know I know!) I'm full of panic again... Hopefully when my baby book arrives I will pick that up and leave Google behind.

Thank you so much everyone, you really have cheered me up :) xxxx

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update.. I went for a scan yesterday and we saw our little baby, also heard a gorgeous heartbeat of 150bmp which I think is good? Very relieved and thankful.
Thank you all for the support. :) big hugs.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update.. I went for a scan yesterday and we saw our little baby, also heard a gorgeous heartbeat of 150bmp which I think is good? Very relieved and thankful.
Thank you all for the support. :) big hugs.
Congratulations. Generally you don't see much before 6 weeks which puts a lot of women in panic mode. Glad your baby is growing well :)

I just had to wait 2 weeks to find out if my baby was ok. My sac was really big and we could hardly see a fetal pole (only measured 2.2mm's). But the whole 2.2mm's was pulsating, which was a flickering heart beat. Doc wasn't positive and said it may not be a viable pregnancy. Well, yesterday, I got to see my baby 1.7cms!! Its heart was beating strong and everything was 100%. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->