Irregular periods?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
For those who have got their periods back- were they irregular to start off with?
How long did they take to regulate?
Would an increase in breastfeeding have an effect on it?
I've had one period so far and now it's cycle day 36 and nothing- no sign of another either. Can I assume my periods are back and my cycles are just long or could I have had one and then they are away again?
I have been feeding alot more in the last 3 weeks- LO is teething and I'm comfort feeding alot of the time and through the night- when before she was sleeping through.
Thanks

I got mine back at 8 weeks pp, even with EBF! I was so disappointed!

But I haven't gotten one sine then and it's been 2 months now. I don't know if its irregular because I'm BFing, or because I got the depo shot, or a combination.

It's weird isn't it, I was used to having really regular periods before so this is new to me!

Mine were super regular also. I would always start around the same time also! Between 10 and 2. Lol. It was literally like clockwork! I'm not missing it!

Can anyone add to my thread from 2013?
I'm back in the same boat- cycle day 34 I think and no af although getting some light cramps which suggests it's coming!
I've had one proper period so assumed that was my af back.
How long till your af regulated?

Sorry, didn't want to read and run. I've just had my 1st PP AF and it was a bit weirder than before, so I'm curios to see what others have experienced. I think I've seen you on the WTT/TTC boards. We will be TTC in Aug. as well. FX'd things regulate!

Hey busy tulip. Yea we are ttc number 3 now.
I remember my first pp af after my dd1 was 45 days then they regulated to 30-35 days for the next 5 cycles then I got pg with dd2. I was still breastfeeding too so no need to wean when you start ttc!
So I'm expecting this to be a long cycle now. Of course i suspected I was pg just now but def not.

Mine seems irregular, first cycle was 36 days and I suspect it was annovulatory, second was 23 days with ovulation on day 12, now third cycle I just ovulated on day 16 so it will be a bit longer probably 28 days or so. I feel like nursing too much overnight delays my ovulation so I try to keep it to a minimum

Thanks Dinosaur! I'm not stressing much about weaning. That is one of the main reasons that we are WTT though. I have started to pump in addition to feeding her on demand so that I have a stash for when I do become pregnant. Last time my LO decided to self-wean when my supply took a hit. So I'd like to still be able to offer her breastmilk, even if it's from a bottle/training cup.

Hi Luna-looking at your ticker seems that you are NTNP? Good luck!

Thank you both for the info. It helps to know that it is normal for things to be irregular at first.

Luna you might find your second alot easier to conceive- we took 2.5 years for dd1 and 6 cycles for dd2! And I have heard hundreds of similar stories also- it's like once your body has done it once it knows what to do.
Also my own theory is that our bodies are in the best condition- for me anyway I don't smoke, drink- I go walking with the pram each day, eat loads of fruit and veg as I'm giving it to my kids too, go to bed 11pm at the latest!
I used to do all the opposites of these things when I was ttc #1!

Thanks tulip! Yes we are sort of in between TtC and ntnp since I really can't turn off all this knowledge and hubby is super eager for another :haha:

I really hope that pregnancy "fixed" me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->