irregular Periods

Lin2013

Reaction score
Hi all i came off the pill in august last year and have been TTC since sept, each month my cycle has been diferrent and can go between 28- 33 days, now this month im at 34 days and still no sign of AF and all tests are BFN. Is there anything i can do or take to help my cycles come back to normal as im starting to worry that something is wrong :( and i know if i got to the doctors they wont do anything as not ttc for over 1 year

also the other thing is have had increased CM, really not normal for me. dont know what is happening still no sign of AF

Birth control can really mess up your cycles right? I was on them for over 10 years and when I came off I had a plethora of cycle issues pop up:wacko: I tried maca but that didn't work for me (although some swear by it). I ended up taking Vitex chaste berry which worked wonderfully for me and I had a textbook ovulation on cd 14 every month for the most part. A lot of fertility products have this as a main ingredient -Fertileaid, Fertile Tea, Vitex, and Fertility Blend to name a few.

One thing you should do if your aren't already is to start charting your bbt (basal body temperature). You can have annovulatory cycles when coming off bc and have all the signs you are ovulating but not actually ovulate so you want to rule that out. I had a few of these type cycles and even had breakthrough bleeding when af was due and so never knew until I started temping. Chart your bbt so you can see when you O and how long your luteal phase is. This will come in handy when and if you start a fertility supplement because your cycle will probably change and you'll want to know where and when which is hard to guess without seeing your temps on a graph.

Good luck!

I used to have long irregular cycles anywhere from 33-42 days, pinpointing ovulation was really difficult but i never found anything that worked, but i found a rough timeframe for ovulation using opks, i managed to concieve after a year or so :)

i dont know what is wrong with me at the min, im crying alot today just feel really emotional :(

I was the same sometimes, worse now lol good luck x

Do u think that is something i should try is fertileaid? or start charting first, i have bought a CBFM this was my first month using it but didnt get peak

Birth control can really mess up your cycles right? I was on them for over 10 years and when I came off I had a plethora of cycle issues pop up:wacko: I tried maca but that didn't work for me (although some swear by it). I ended up taking Vitex chaste berry which worked wonderfully for me and I had a textbook ovulation on cd 14 every month for the most part. A lot of fertility products have this as a main ingredient -Fertileaid, Fertile Tea, Vitex, and Fertility Blend to name a few.

One thing you should do if your aren't already is to start charting your bbt (basal body temperature). You can have annovulatory cycles when coming off bc and have all the signs you are ovulating but not actually ovulate so you want to rule that out. I had a few of these type cycles and even had breakthrough bleeding when af was due and so never knew until I started temping. Chart your bbt so you can see when you O and how long your luteal phase is. This will come in handy when and if you start a fertility supplement because your cycle will probably change and you'll want to know where and when which is hard to guess without seeing your temps on a graph.

Good luck!

I have no idea of my cycle... Especially with not having regular periods in the pill. Have you tried ovulation sticks to pinpoint ovulation..... I did and fell pregnant first month with my little girl. Hoping for same success next month X good luck

Ovulation tests may well be what you need. Lots of ladies conceive with irregular periods, but having the OPKs allows you to at least know when you are ovulating

since comming off the pill my first period came when i expected in on 2nd cycle and no period!!!!!!! so...who knows. i think youve just gotta let your body sort itself out and i personally think its best to leave it to be natural and not take extra hormones to kick start it etc. But each to their own ofcourse! Goodluck :)

Opks are really handy, but irregular periods made ovulation a bit unpredictable for me, i found itd be between cd12 and 18 though so i definitely reccomend opks though, even if you cant pinpoint you should get a rough idea :) x

yeah i have a clear blue fertility monitor but didnt get peak just high but says that can happen the first month using it, still no sign on AF and tests BFN

My hubby keeps saying maybe just tests arent picking it up yet but i dont think so, still think it will be bfn, thanks for all the replys xx

not seeming pesimistic but i thought always thinking bfn and not being so disapointed better then the opposite x

Istarted to drink Mango and Pineapple juice and the very next day I got my cycle. Good luck to you !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->