• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is 26 weeks too early for a 3D scan?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
We're thinking of booking a 3D scan, but as they're costly, we want to make sure that we book at the best time! Are we best to wait a little longer? Thanks. :)

We're thinking of booking a 3D scan, but as they're costly, we want to make sure that we book at the best time! Are we best to wait a little longer? Thanks. :)

we have booked ours for 28 weeks as we were told 28/29 weeks would be best x

I had mine at 27+5 both times and they were great

I have been told by 2 sonographers that 26-28 weeks is the best time x

Maybe I'll book for next week then? As I'll be 27 weeks a week tomorrow. :) I did read online 27 weeks was a good time, but just wanted to ask people who have experience. Thank you. :kiss:

I had mine done at 26 weeks with my son and it was fab. He looked very cute!

Thank you! I've emailed the place near to me that does them, just waiting to hear back about when they can fit me in. X

My doctor's office sells them at 29-30 weeks along. My ultrasound tech gave me a surprise 3D view of my baby's face at my anomaly scan re-do at 23w5d, and it was just perfect!!! It looked just as good as when I went with my first baby at 30 weeks along and was prepared for it and had drunk a ton of water for a few weeks and all that in preparation.

I was 28+3 when I had one with DD1 and I've got one booked for 29+3 this time round. I had wanted to have it done at the same time but they couldn't fit me in for that gestation. I'm hoping a week won't make too much of a difference as the one I had with DD1 was brilliant!

Yey! No I think thats fine!!!
We had ours at 25 weeks and she came 27 weeks :dohh: so we went at 24 weeks for our second *just in case!*

Personally I think earlier scans are more special because they capture a really early moment in time, so I guess thats a different way of looking at it!

Hope you get some good pics! We went at 25+6 with my first, my placenta was anterior and she was snuggling right into it so spent a lot of the time trying to get her to move lol, the pics we did get were lovely though! We have our second baby's 4d scan in 2 weeks I'll be 26+4 :) hoping this one behaves haha x

It went well! Here's our little girl, Poppy-May. :cloud9: X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 14
So exciting!! I have a scan very soon and will be getting 3d shot!! =p beautiful baby already! Congratulations =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->