Is 35 weeks to late for babymoon?

Leo_Mumma

Reaction score
We're planning on having a few days away at the end of the month and it got me thinking. I'll only be about 3 hours away from my hospital so I'm not too worried.

Do you think its a good idea? I really need to get away :wacko:

I'm not to sure I wouldn't as had a totaly unexpected 35 and 34 week deliveries and they were both born within 4 hours. Maybe ask you midwife and defo take your maternity notes and packed hospital bags incase you deliver at a different hospital.

Definitely would have been too late for me! Lo was born at 34 +5. Lol

Wow! How comes? Were you and baba's ok? I'll definitely take your advice and bring my notes along. Might give the cliff top walks a miss too.

I'm not sure I'd go that far from home and hospital, just in case. You never know what baby has planned, or even how you'll feel at 35 weeks. If you can map out a route that leaves you with good access to hospitals and you live somewhere where there isn't a big risk of winter weather stranding you, it could be doable. I'd see what your doctor has to say about it.

We did an earlier babymoon, but I've considered doing something local, like a room downtown for a night, or a B&B near the city, if something like that is an option?

Yeah they were both girls one weighed 5.10 the and the other 5.4 was both brill just needed a little help as got very jaundiced and needed photo therapy but stayed on the ward with me and we both home after a week xx

I think as long as you have your notes and you know where the nearest hospital is you will be fine. If you start feeling any twinges you can always go home. I know some people do deliver early but chances are you won't and if you're feeling find there's no reason why you can't go away somewhere.

I

I'd do it. With my 1st DH and I went away for the day when I was 39 weeks, it was only for a day so not quite the same but I was about 3 hours away from home (by train). We just took my notes and packed a little "just in case" kit with a few maternity pads in case my waters broke and a few other bits we'd need if labour started and made sure we had the number for the labour ward where we were and knew how to get there.

I would, you will love the break, wish I was having one this week xx

Spoke to my midwife today and she's happy for me to go based on how my pregnancy is progressing. Sad I know but I'm just so excited to not have to do housework for a few days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->