Is a c-section giving "birth"?

I believe it definately is as most still go through the stages of labour but if you started down that road that it had to be all you during the pushing then would people then start to say that you didn't give birth because the doctor helped with forceps etc.

Yes, I gave birth to two beautiful children, both by c-section.

For me, giving birth is giving life :flower:

The definition of birth:
a. The emergence and separation of offspring from the body of the mother.
b. The act or process of bearing young; parturition: the mare's second birth.
c. The circumstances or conditions relating to this event, as its time or location: an incident that took place before my birth; a Bostonian by birth.

if its not a birth what is it?

I think that a really silly thing to say. How would your Friend describe it if not giving birth? X

Not friend, someone else had commented on it and it was on my newsfeed.
Would be pretty upset is a "friend" said that. :nope:

I never imagined it as anything other than 'giving birth'

Of course it's giving birth! insulting and ignorant of anyone to think otherwise

I agree that some people just want to make mothers feel horrible. Some people feel better about themselves by putting others down. It's a shame.

Of course it's giving birth. Recovery is no joke either.

It was a male who wrote that status though. Don't think men know much about giving birth in a personal way. :-k

socitycourty - I know exactly what you mean.

I never thought of it in the way that some of you ladies do :) I now confidently feel like I did give birth

x

It's my very personal opinion but my experiance of a C-Section was, no it didn't feel like giving birth at all.

I had an elective C-section due to Tessa being extended breech, I had very little pain and was out of hospital the next day.

I felt and still feel cheated out of the experiance of "giving birth" next time I will try to do it naturally, but due to the fact it was so clinical one minute she was inside me the next not, it just had a feeling of me being very removed from everything.

It was only my body involved, you know what I mean, although it hasn't effected my bond with her at all, love her to bits :kiss:

It makes me very sad to think that some people don't think I gave birth since I had an emcs:cry:

I don't feel like I gave birth to my LO. I gave him life and he was born, but I didn't give birth to him, at least not physically.

I wasn't in labour, was 18 days overdue and was rushed to theatre because his heart disappeared suddenly about 10 seconds after they'd started the induction process. I really played no part in his getting out and into the world.

I voted 'not sure':
I wouldn't project my feelings onto others - some women genuinely don't care whether their LO was CS, vaginal or assisted - but I personally don't feel I gave birth, because I had a c-section. So my vote for myself would be no, but I can't decide how another woman feels.

I completely agree with you Patch, I would no way project my feelings over my C-section experiance on anybody else :flower:

It sounds like every CS or EMCS is a totally different experience for every mum.

I don't feel like I gave birth to my C-Section baby either. I feel like she was ripped from me.
My son was a forceps baby and I feel like I did give birth to him, even though I needed help to do so.

Personal feelings towards my experience though I wouldn't expect all C-Section mummy's to feel the same way.

yea i dont think anyone here has the right answer. in the end it comes down to what YOU think.

do YOU feel like you gave birth

LOL! Never have I heard a more ridiculous statement in my life. Some people really are spectacularly dense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->