Is a c-section giving "birth"?

Aliss, I love you! :rofl:

My son came through the sunroof. Giving birth vaginally may have killed him. So a gave birth through my stomach :smug: TOP THAT silly people that say it's not! :haha:

I feel very similar to patch. I have had two emergency c sections and the first one I found very traumatic and afterwards I definitely did not feel like I had 'given birth' to my son but rather that he'd been extracted from me. This could have been because I had my first c section under general anaesthetic coz it had to be done so quickly as ds1 was in such distress. I was put under pregnant and came round not pregnant and I really struggled with that for months and would cry about it regularly.
I agree that it very much is a personal experience so I answered 'not sure' in the poll.

The bit I find sad is that 'most' women that have c-sections don't choose/want one but its decided by medical professionals for the best interest of the mother or baby. Most women who have sections desperately wanted to give birth vaginally but were unable to. So how cruel is it for anyone to tell them they haven't given birth just because they didnt do it vaginally?

I find it extremely insulting that people have voted NO or NOT SURE
Also to the person who said 'the doctors have given birth'

I laboured for 27 hours, 9cm dilated, before my baby NEEDED to be born ASAP
It wasnt a case of Not being able to, it was a case of my baby needed to be delivered SAFELY

Yeh i'm confused by the doctors gave birth comment.
How did they, how did they give birth to a baby that they didn't even carry :|

It wasnt a case of Not being able to, it was a case of my baby needed to be delivered SAFELY

From reading everyone's posts I think the ones who voted 'no' or 'not sure' are the ones who have had c-sections so I don't think it's meant to be insulting. I had 4 vaginal births with no assistance but I voted yes, I mean what else is it if it's not giving birth??? It doesn't matter how the baby comes out,lol.

If only you could cook for 9 months then go to hospital and make the doctor give birth for you PMSL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

From reading everyone's posts I think the ones who voted 'no' or 'not sure' are the ones who have had c-sections so I don't think it's meant to be insulting. I had 4 vaginal births with no assistance but I voted yes, I mean what else is it if it's not giving birth??? It doesn't matter how the baby comes out,lol.

I understand what you are saying but having the experience of c-section and being pregnant again, women are made to feel a failiour because they didnt have a vaginal birth.
Theres so much pressure on new mums as it is body image, how the feed their baby etc they Dont need to be made feel worse with regards to how their baby was born to the world.

why would you feel insulted at other peoples opinions? if YOU feel like you gave birth, then you did. shouldnt matter if someone else thought you didnt

er, yes. the baby wasnt hatched from an egg.

why would you feel insulted at other peoples opinions? if YOU feel like you gave birth, then you did. shouldnt matter if someone else thought you didnt

I feel insulted because i do. :thumbup:

What kills me the most is there have been times when I speak to others and the topic of L&D comes up and I've said, "Oh gosh, yeah. My L&D was hard." and they scoff at me and say, "You had a c-section. You didn't even deliver your baby."

Or how a c-section is the "easy way out".

Really?

birth:

The emergence of a baby or other young from the body of its mother; the start of life as a physically separate being.

If only you could cook for 9 months then go to hospital and make the doctor give birth for you PMSL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh i wish.
I would definately praise the NHS more if this were possible... :haha:

I think c section has been seen as an easy option since the media created "to posh to push."

I voted not sure.

I laboured for 20 hours, was 8-9cm when my baby NEEDED (according to the doctor) to be born ASAP. But I still don't feel like I gave birth to her. I feel like she was ripped from me unnaturally interrupting the birth process. The experience was completely different (to me) from pushing my son out even though I push him out whilst the doctor pulled him with the forceps.

I think its very subjective. Some C-Section mummy's will feel like they gave birth, other's like me don't. I made my daughter, I carried her for 9 months and I am the reason she exists. But I don't feel like I "gave birth" to her. One moment I was pregnant, the next I was not.

I think c section has been seen as an easy option since the media created "to posh to push."

I'd rather push. The media portrays c sections as being easy.
I delivered vaginally. SIL had a c sec. Her recovery was worse than mine.

I'd rather push. The media portrays c sections as being easy.
I delivered vaginally. SIL had a c sec. Her recovery was worse than mine.

Me too. I'm hoping for a VBAC next time. I think the assumption is made on the type of celebrity, e.g Victoria Beckham looks like she wouldn't dare break into a sweat, but nobody knows her medical history.

I'd be devastated to have a section by in no way do i look down on those who needed one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->