Is all the stress too much?

IvyBaby

Reaction score
It seems I picked the wrong time to be pregnant.. this year has been just horrible stress wise.. my granny died a month ago, yesterday our dog of 7 years died (quite unexpectedly), my dad has had an op for stomach cancer (advanced stage) and now just waiting for what will happen next.. I am away from home and have a rubbish job with lots of stress there.. When will there be good news? I am worried about my mom too, she is alone now that granny and dog have gone and I can't even be there to support her. She seems depressed and I cry way more than normal.

Can it harm the baby? I feel guilty for doing this to the baby but just can't help myself. I had stress in my life before but never that much :shrug:

Pointless thread, i realize, but had to get it all out. Hope I didn't upset anybody :( People keep telling me how I should not stress and try to be happy, but then I would not be a human being if I don't get upset about somebody close to me dying...

Sorry girls, really feeling down after the news about our sweet dog passing away. She was like a baby to my mom, poor thing.

Oh hun bless you, of cause it is normal to be stressed especially in your possition, its just human nature. I so hope things start to get better for you hun, BIG hugs! xxxxx

oohh poor you!!! Just try and relax whever you can - I am a total stress head and it too was worrying me - but then I realised I was stressing about stressing lol. I dont have the answer but yoga helped me if you can find a prenatal one or just treat yourself to baths soft music and nice stuff.

I am so sorry about all your troubles and run free poor woof - seven is so young xxxx

Do try something to destress - a stressful pregnancy does not help - some people are lucky to get away with it but others like me arent so lucky!

Although all these horrid things are happening, try to indulge in your pregnancy and enjoy it! You're not pregnant everyday of your life - its a special time! i wish i had chilled out a bit more!

Like the girls said try to relax. I knwo this is not the same but my wee dog died few days before I found out I was pregnant and my wee guinea pig died last night. Im on here trying not to think about it :(

Try to relax and im sure baby is fine xox

If your mums on her own is there any way she can either move in with you or move to be nearer you? that would be helpfull for you and nicer for her !
Try not to get too stressed, go to classes to meet lots of new people and maybe get a puppy?? Maybe consider going on mat leave early so you cna really relax, take it easy :D

If your mums on her own is there any way she can either move in with you or move to be nearer you? that would be helpfull for you and nicer for her !
Try not to get too stressed, go to classes to meet lots of new people and maybe get a puppy?? Maybe consider going on mat leave early so you cna really relax, take it easy :D

Thanks for your suggestions, hun!

My mom is in another country and can't even speak English, I would not want her to be here, especially while I still work 6 days a week :( At least she has a job there and that should help her to take her mind off things a little bit. It is a routine she is used to for the last 40+ years, but I did ask her to come and at least visit us when I quit my job, she can help me take care of the baby :)

I want to get a puppy or a cat but don't want it to be alone most of the time, that wouldn't be fair, perhaps when I start my maternity leave, will see. And here in London most apartments are not even suitable to keep a pet..sigh.. I am not a city person at all.

Do try something to destress - a stressful pregnancy does not help - some people are lucky to get away with it but others like me arent so lucky!

Although all these horrid things are happening, try to indulge in your pregnancy and enjoy it! You're not pregnant everyday of your life - its a special time! i wish i had chilled out a bit more!

Oh, what happened to you?

I will try to be more cool and relaxed. but it seems whenever I fell happy and start enjoying my pregnancy, something new hits me on the head. Just hope there will be no more bad news until the baby comes.

*hugs*

I hope things start looking up for you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->