Is anyone else constantly worried abouting a miscarriage?

Bentleymom

Reaction score
I just can't be excited about this pregnancy; I can't even think about anything, but stressing about having a miscarriage. Granted I've had a few very minor episodes of spotting, and everything has come back normal. But I'm so worried and I dk why. I know what will be, will be, and stressing does nothing, because the plan for this baby has already been set by God. But I'm just having a hard time allowing myself to enjoy being pregnant, because I don't wanna be so excited, just to possibly lose the baby:cry:. Anyone else feeling the same way?

Me. Exactly what you said. I haven't been feeling excited at all because I am so afraid to lose it. I am 9 weeks going on 10. I still "check" my underwear every time I go to the bathroom. It's a horrible feeling. I just pray that the second trimester gets here faster. I think it's a time of worry for most of us. Hang in there.

I think everyone is worried first tri to varying degrees. I definitely have a bunch of scenarios running through my head and I keep researching different ways that things can go wrong. Not good :p And I thought TWW was long, I was NOT prepared for how long first tri is.

But the thing that helps is to look at my ticker everyday and go like hey I've passed 4.5 weeks today! congrats to me. I also figure that the probability of a miscarriage goes down over time so I'm just trying to hang onto it a day at a time.

:hugs: I am in late third tri with my fourth baby. It's my fourth pregnancy, and I've felt this way throughout the first trimester with every single one. I also get plagued with first trimester spotting. My cervix just gets really sensitive, and anything can set it off. Probably the same as what's happening to you. It's normal. I just try my best to stay busy and keep my mind off of the pregnancy until I feel confident that the pregnancy will be okay. It is so normal to feel that way. I have always been jealous of those who get excited right away when they find out they're pregnant, and I don't feel happy about it till I'm half way through. Ha

Me. After three back to back first trimester losses, I'm finally pregnant with my rainbow, which I'm hoping is a keeper because I'm now past where I got to with any of my previous three pregnancies. I also do not think I could handle another subsequent loss. I worry every day whether I'm sick enough, have enough symptoms to still be pregnant, constantly checking the toilet paper for spotting and all the works. August is a long way away. I'm just ready for the baby to be here in my arms. I think we all think about the possibility of miscarriage sometime though, even those that have had only healthy pregnancies. It is only natural to want to protect your baby, even this early.

Yes. Definitely this. I wasn't able to conceive for 7 yrs. When I finally had my first BFP, I was so naive I didn't really even consider that the pregnancy might not last. DH's enthusiasm was contagious, too. We were so absolutely over the moon thrilled from day 1.

This time, I didn't even tell DH until almost 6 wks. My symptoms have decreased/vanished and all I want to do is hide in a blanket fort and cry. Even though I have no spotting or cramping, I just "know" it's all over.

I need to book an appointment, but I keep imagining having to call them and say, "Never mind. Cancel that," and it just kills me.

Linzalora, I'm sorry you feel that way, let's hope it turns out well.

I suspected I was pregnant again from the second day after our wedding, as my hangover just wouldn't subside.
I told my guy at week 4, said that if AF doesn't start this week, I might be preg.

Now it's about week 5, and I haven't even done a pregnancy test, I just can't bring myself to do it. I try and manage my symptoms and hope they don't get too bad.

Am I happy for the pregnancy? No, in my mind I don't even let myself believe it, still read TWW and convince myself I could just be sick or vitamin deprived or something, not pregnant.

This way, if it stops, it might be easier emotionally - I haven't calculated due dates, arranged doctor's appointments or even talked about having a child this time round. I just complain about feeling like shit :D

But I still do worry every time I feel something wet in my pants, get cramps or don't feel nauseous.

I even try and guess which day would be mc, with period starting, marking these days in my calender :S

So yes, one could day I'm not very positive about this one... But not too stressed either, what will be will be.

Me. Exactly what you said. I haven't been feeling excited at all because I am so afraid to lose it. I am 9 weeks going on 10. I still "check" my underwear every time I go to the bathroom. It's a horrible feeling. I just pray that the second trimester gets here faster. I think it's a time of worry for most of us. Hang in there.

This is me as well. After the 6 week bleed in terrified at my scan they will say baby has passed away at some point. I check my panties every time

After two prior miscarriages, I just can't let myself be excited. My husband is overjoyed and gets a little upset that I'm so negative but I just don't see the point in getting too happy when so much can go wrong in the blink of an eye. I'm a little over 6 weeks and I don't want to tell anyone. I learned the hard way last time.

For now, I take my progesterone and my prenatals and try to rest as much as possible. I'm scared to look every time I pee. Every crampy twinge makes me nervous. But all we can do is hope and pray that everything will turn out okay.

this is my fourth pregnancy, with 2 lovely babies and 1 chemical, and i always worry. with every pregnancy. if all works out, this will be my last baby. but i am only 5 weeks with very few symptoms and i'm worried!!

I went out to eat and ended up with a 2-hour cramping feeling, am now worried...
My guy wants to do a pregnancy test, when I think worst case scenario, it might be over by tomorrow, why bother to get hopes up.

Every day, and getting to second tri means nothing to me as ive lost 2 babies in second tri

I am exactly the same - i am constantly worried that i'm going to have a miscarriage. Yesterday I had a small red bleed, so now i'm even more worried! I can't help thinking that maybe me stressing about miscarrying is something that made me bleed?
They worry us so much before they're even here! It's stressful!

Yes. And for some reason this time I just don't believe in peegnant. I keep forgetting. Which I worry could put baby at risk. This morning I went for a hot shower and it wasn't until my OH went in after me and noticed the water was a bit on the hot side that I remembered.

In my previous oregnancies I thought about the baby all the time. This time I just don't seem to think about it as much maybe to protect myself but Its scary too as I feel I could forget and eat something/do something that could be harmful to it. Obviously I know that's unlikely but as my last oregnancies were a constant thinking of the baby it's just strange this time.

I don't know how to overcome this and to become more bonded.

All we do is wait and worry. Wait to O, then the TWW, for the tests to darken, for symptoms to appear, then the first scan, then the second... etc, etc...

I tested early and was first worried about a chemical, then about an early mc... then ectopic/blighted ovum/molar... 6+6 scan confirmed pregnancy was where it should be and there was a heartbeat. Then I worried about mmc... At 10+6 we heard the heartbeat on Doppler at the doctor's office.

I'm now 11+3 and I'm still terrified every day of not holding this baby in my arms in August...

Yes, sadly every day and now all day since I found out I have a SCH. (doesn't greatly increase m/c risk but still). I've had hypermesis and have been on bed rest...very isolating!! So this surely doesn't help the mood and the worry. I try to read but most of the time feel too sick to focus. I have had 2 other losses and am well over 40, so that adds to it.
OH I know thinks I am being too negative, but I can't help it.
I had excitement and hope at start of my last pregnancy, after one loss but this one, I just can't have it.

Wishing the best for all. Most pregnancies turn out perfectly fine. Due to my factors, I just don't have a good feeling on my own. (7.5 wks now)

I'm constantly worrying, in fact it's a paralysing, petrifying fear!! This baby has taken 2 years, 1 mmc and 3 goes at ivf to conceive and I've had everything from red bleeding to brown spotting. I've had 3 scans and so far all is fine, absolutely praying this is my take home rainbow baby so that I can complete our family and move on with enjoying our lives. I just want to leave ttc, ivf, and all of the emotions and sadness it brings far in the past!! X

Yes, sadly every day and now all day since I found out I have a SCH. (doesn't greatly increase m/c risk but still). I've had hypermesis and have been on bed rest...very isolating!! So this surely doesn't help the mood and the worry. I try to read but most of the time feel too sick to focus. I have had 2 other losses and am well over 40, so that adds to it.
OH I know thinks I am being too negative, but I can't help it.
I had excitement and hope at start of my last pregnancy, after one loss but this one, I just can't have it.

Wishing the best for all. Most pregnancies turn out perfectly fine. Due to my factors, I just don't have a good feeling on my own. (7.5 wks now)

i had a SCH with my second. he's a happy, crazy 3 year old now. good luck i hope it resolves soon!

I was the same. I was kinda expecting it... And on Monday it happened.

But my first pregnancy I was much more confident with. Maybe this time I just knew it was gonna happen I don't know.

Try not to worry, you can't really control it. But you will worry the whole way through until you have baby in your arms. Then you worry about the outside world and wish baby was back inside! :)

I'm the same. I've had 8mc in the last year, and 3 before that. I don't feel 'sick enough' and have bad cramps but I figure that no matter how much I worry or wish, it won't change a thing.
Last time I just 'knew' it was going to happen. I can't explain why but I just had an impending sense of doom from the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->