Is anyone else nervous of the ice and snow that will be here when baby arrives?

jess181989

Reaction score
I'm due on 21st of December, and I'm nervous of how firstly I'm going to get to hospital if it's snowy/icy and secondly how I'm going to remain on my feet once baby arrives!

Last year I fell over 9 times (properly) during icy weather- even with appropriate footwear! How am I going to hold a baby! What if I'm pushing the pram and fall, and subsequently pull the pram down!?!

Am I being stupid? Paranoia has properly set in. I don't want to be stuck in the house, I want to go out and about and show my baby off! :)

I'm very clumsy so terrified I will fall when I'm heavily pregnant. I'm due 30th January and if last winters anything to go by I won't be leaving the house!

I am a bit worried abou tit yeah, I've told my parents that if the baby is late we won;t be home for christmas (due on 21st like you!), as they are 150miles away and last year it took us 4 1/2 hours due to the weather! I'm more worried about falling down brofre the baby comes though! Kinda hoping the pram with help me stay upright lol!

I delivered my son in Dec 2009 just days before all the snow hit in hard, I just stayed in as much as possible. i did all my christmas shopping way before hand and delivered all the presents at the begining of Dec (much to my in laws disgust lol) and had lots of shopping in to carry us over.

I hardly left the house until the weather cleared, esp with stitches, i wouldnt risk it.

So same plan this time, my due date is Dec 16th, although its twins so i wont go that far, prob born end of Nov but who knows. We started our christmas shopping already, not sure ho we are going to get them delivered this yera as me have moved but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Stock up on food and everything for the first few weeks before they are born and say yes to anyone who offered to help or pick something up.

Yeah I'm a bit nervous but there isn't much we can do, so I'm sure it will be ok! The thing that concerns me most is how much I will spend on heating being home all day during the winter!

i am worried as well but don't go out in the snow as it is already........ i hate falling and the thought terrifies me

i plan on BF'ing but will be stocking up on formula incase its and weather and bubs won't latch.

Yeah it bothers me too. I just hope we don't get snow this year.

Where I live it's sunny all year round...so luckily I dont have that stuff to worry about! :)

No your not being paranoid. I had a nasty fall in the snow when i was 7 months pregnant, baby was ok thankfully.

I am worried about labour. The hospital is miles away, the third is meant to come quickly and the last two years have been so bad that all the roads have been no access to any cars/ambulances. A lady here had to have the air ambulance in labour :shock:

ohhh a trip in the air ambulance that would be fun!!!!!!!! on second thoughts

I neva thought about it till now last winter i fell ove and hurt my ankle was awful cudnt walk right. im deaf in one ear and my balance is off haha so i will be fallin :(

I am nervous too! I am as clumsy as they come and fall over every winter!

I know I will be able to get to the hospital because I can go in the land rover - or worse comes to the worst - a tractor will always get through! lol!
But I am worried about the ice and snow when I am walking DD to school.

LOL! Can you imagine a woman in labour trying to get to hospital in a tractor!!?? Bloody hell! I hope I havent tempted fate for myself!! lol!!

xxxxx

lmao bab that wud be so hilarious you would be on the new wiv the tractor out side maternity hahaha xxxx

Lol farmerswifey, thats not a bad idea- I'd better stay with mum and dad for the weeks up to labour day as they have a tractor and a landrover- that'll do won't it!? Still doesn't help with how I'm going to feed the horses/chickens/sheep etc etc... hmm. I just hope I don't have to give birth in the tractor- there really isnt that much room for manouvering seeing as there's only one seat! Oh dear.

hehe

I feel your Pain. I'm due in the beginning of February. Worried about how I'm going to get to the hospital because everything is covered in thick ice and snow then. And I'm 40 miles from the hospital.

I hadn't even thought of this yet before I read this! Lol! But yeah, we get pretty bad ice storms here. I've yet to fall but I imagine I'll be a little more unsteady this year. Plus...getting to the hospital would be Quite the challenge if it's during one of the storms.

I'm also kind of worried! But lately my clumsy-ness has been getting better. I would think that once you have a baby you will be extra careful and your OH or DH will keep an eye out for you :) That's what I'm hoping for at least!

Im not too worried about falling. Having to race to the hospital scares me tho, if there is ice and snow.. Imagine having to dig the car outta snow for 2 hours and then hoping roads are clear to get to the hospital :D

Im not worried tbh, we v rarely get anything more than a couple of days of ice/snow and tbh with a newborn and with the daylight we'll be getting I rly doubt we'll be going out that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"