Is anyone else paranoid?

beth_terri

Reaction score
Not about kids but about everything. I sound nuts I know but I worry constantly. I worry I'm gona get burgled (I live alone with the kids), I worry there's gona be a house fire, I worru I won't wake up one morning and my kids will be alone, I worry im gona get cancer or something. There was a statistic on tv earlier that one in 3 people get cancer. So I'm thinking there's 3 of us in my house...

It's so awful I wish I could not worry sometimes!!

I'm the exact same. :hugs: I worry about things that most people would never think about! I've always been like that though x

Not about kids but about everything. I sound nuts I know but I worry constantly. I worry I'm gona get burgled (I live alone with the kids), I worry there's gona be a house fire, I worru I won't wake up one morning and my kids will be alone, I worry im gona get cancer or something. There was a statistic on tv earlier that one in 3 people get cancer. So I'm thinking there's 3 of us in my house...

It's so awful I wish I could not worry sometimes!!

I am the same! :hugs: I am a bit (a lot) OCD, and I often panic that im gonna forget to turn the oven off, or my straightners off and im gonna cause a massive fire or something. I literally check every plug and electrical appliance 5 times before I leave the house/go to bed.

But my worst fear is dying and leaving my little girl and my hubby. I constantly think something is wrong with me. Every time I get feel unwell, or have an ache or pain, I panic. I recently thought I had a lump in my abdomen.. well- that was it, googled all sorts of cancers etc..cried so much about it/panicked that i was gonna end up leaving my little girl without a mum.

I know the route of it all for me.. my mum died suddenly when I was 21 and suddenly death became a reality of life for me. It really affected me. On a day to day basis im very positive and cheerful and live life to the full, but sometimes the worry about leaving my little girl without a mum (as i was left) upsets me so much.

:shrug:

Don't take this the wrong way hun because I'm sure a lot of that is entirely natural but maybe you have anxiety & it would be worth having a chat to the Dr? I don't think what you've said makes you a raving lunatic or anything (lol) so don't think the Dr thing is because of that, just maybe there is something they can suggest to help :) xxxxxxxx

I'm 21 now, it must have been so hard for you :( xx

:flower: It was really hard! It took me so long to come to terms with it. But when I think about it, I would always choose having the amazing mum I had, and losing her, than having any other mum, for 30 more years. And it has made me a better mum.

We will probably be laughing about our paranoioa in 40 year:haha:

Its the reason I have a dog, I'm still edgy when home alone but i know she will bark / go mad if anything comes near the front door.

Hubby is often at judo so I'm home alone 4 nights during the week and he's not home till 10:30pm / 11pm and i actually don't move from the spot i sit in when he leaves the door, I get a drink and something to eat and it's next to me with my mobile on charge and candles light, all my doors and windows are locked and closed.

I dread if he ever does nightshifts I can't sleep unless he's in the house, weird i know, I'm fine with other things and if it's light out side i'm fine alone it's just the day time. x

I never used to but since becoming a mom I worry about everything. Being a parent makes the world so much more scary. :hugs:

Im terrible i always have been....my main worry is dying anf if i feel.unwell when going to bed i tell my other half i love him amd to please look after our daughter well as i always think i wont wake up the next day...
I keep experiencing heart palputations(sp?) and i panic... I go in the car i panic i checm ive locked the door 5 times... I get up and check my daugjter 10 times when we first put her to bes...
My oh mite be going away for a week course in a wk and abit im already worrying about his travellibg anc me being here all by meself i need help lol

Im exactly the same. I've always been very anxious since I was a teenager. I'm not as bad as I used to be though - when I used to work I used to worry that every time the managers went in an office together they were discussing sacking me :lol:My main worry these days is family and health and being here for my baby. I'm terrified of getting cancer or my LO getting cancer. I've been to the doctors so many times with random lumps that are never anything to worry about. Paranoia and anxiety are such a horrible feeling :hugs:

I'm like this and it's awful. I always worry about what might happen. This sounds completely mental but when I've used my hair straighteners, I unplug then and take a photo of them unplugged on my phone so I know I've unplugged them. If I go out I always think I've left them on and the house will burn down. I always think if a quote I read about anxiety: ' I've had a lot of trouble in my life, most of which never happened'.

I suffer with anxiety and paranoid quite a bit and have for quite a while its took over most of my life :/ I was on the phone last night to my best friend and he said he'd never heard me so jumpy and on edge as I was last night. My little boy knocked the dog food bowl over and I thought I'd cleaned it all up but missed 1 little bit of food and panicked thinking a spider was on my floor (I have a seriously bad phobia of spiders and have panick attacks being near them) then as soon as I was able to breathe there was loads of loud banging and I thought someone was kicking my door in - it was fireworks near my house - He's never seen me like that as when him and my friends ever visits I don't feel uneasy but I live alone with my 2 boys, and putting up with crap like on several occasions someone messing with my doorhandle late at night trying to open my door, nightmares of someone being in my house and the uneasy feeling of always being watched its not really surprising I'm scared at night on my own - Which is part of the reason we bought a puppy x

I am this way too, I have anxiety and have had it most of my life. I'm having some CBT the moment. I also had hypnosis which did help to some extent but it's never actually gone away, just gets better sometimes then worse other times. I worry mostly about my own and my children's health. I constantly worry about something being wrong with the children. I worry about things happening to them and I think about the future when I have to let them go out on their own and I find it terrifying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->