Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

Socks on the hands is priceless! Great idea. Our schools have just been cancelled for the remainder of the school year. DD is heartbroken. She misses her teacher and friends so much. It doesn't help that she's an only child and has no one to play with. It's all very sad. In the county I live, we had a child under 5 pass away from the virus this morning. It's overwhelming.

Socks on the hands is priceless! Great idea. Our schools have just been cancelled for the remainder of the school year. DD is heartbroken. She misses her teacher and friends so much. It doesn't help that she's an only child and has no one to play with. It's all very sad. In the county I live, we had a child under 5 pass away from the virus this morning. It's overwhelming.

Thats awful, its definitely starting to worry me more now children are starting to pass away from it, i feel like my anxiety is at its all time high now, im struggling, im snapping at the kids and OH and we are not on speaking terms, its all getting to me a bit to much now

I know it’s awful , when are we gonna see the results of the lock down next week ?

I’ve just been hearing the news on the radio and what DH mentions . It was making me feel too anxious .
Thats awful, its definitely starting to worry me more now children are starting to pass away from it, i feel like my anxiety is at its all time high now, im struggling, im snapping at the kids and OH and we are not on speaking terms, its all getting to me a bit to much now

Wow heartbreaking . So sad for the family . I feel like we are hearing more and more of the younger ones being affected by this .

I feel exactly the same way as you HLX . The U.K. government needs to step up this testing . We are already half way through the lockdown and not much testing has been done it’s getting so frustrating that other countries can test a lot more !

I dont believe for a minute we are halfway through lockdown, I think its going to go on for much longer, sadly. I keep trying to tell myself its just like the 6 weeks holidays for the kids, but then i remember during the half terms we ACTUALLY GO PLACES :haha: This is going to sound horrible, but im greatful the kids go to their dads some of the time, i never thought I'd say that but I think they feel the same, it breaks it up a bit for the kids. It's just hard trying to entertain them, they are usually pretty easy going kids, but they get bored so quickly and I find uts much worse as they have no where to go. Me and OH in a bad place right now too, and we've never ever gotten to this stage before we've always been so close. I don't think it helps hes working 6 or 7 day weeks and obviously anxious about passing the virus to us at home, but we've been arguing so bad lately, he also thrives on things to do and places to go so obviously his rare day off, he stuck in doors, its all getting a bit much, i just hope we snap out of it before we end up giving up the relationship, and im not happy to admit that if we did, the virus would have caused it lol

@HLx I hope things improve soon :hugs:

I do think this lockdown will go on for the rest of the school year. It's so sad how much they'll be missing out on. Mine seem to love being at home though. My DD was crying on her last day of school but she's absolutely loving being at home, lol.

I think so too! I doubt the kids will be back in school for this term, which is so sad, not so much for the younger ones, but my eldest is in first year juniors, I suppose I cant complain arleast she isn't sitting GCSES or anything, I just keep telling myself let's get through the rest of this year and next year will hopefully be a better one!

Aw bev I think things are done with... it is what it is I think

Oh no I am so sorry HLx that is so sad! :(

Aww dont worry about me ladies ill be fine!

But something for you to have a read, VERY VERY interesting.

How deadly is coronavirus? It's still far from clear

Definatly no conspiracy theory here, just very practical knowledge from someone who knows what they are talking about, gjve it a read, it may even change your mind on this whole virus malarkey, it definatly did for me!

Do you know, I have heard similar things from other doctors on German TV before who said exactly that but then so many people told me they were wrong and got slated by others on tv etc that I just thought ok who knows, maybe this is just as deadly as they think. But it does give you to think doesn't it. Still. I would rather not get it!

Do you know, I have heard similar things from other doctors on German TV before who said exactly that but then so many people told me they were wrong and got slated by others on tv etc that I just thought ok who knows, maybe this is just as deadly as they think. But it does give you to think doesn't it. Still. I would rather not get it!

Totally my view too angel !

Sorry your having relationship problems HLX . Hopefully it will pass and you will both come out of this stronger together ! it’s so hard anyway never mind working , shopping and looking after little ones all day ! I’ve found it a bit stressful at times but long as the girls are occupied seems ok !

Can I just rant about The Range for a moment and how disgracefully they've acted in the midst of this virus? I used to work there and I knew that Chris Dawson the founder and owner was a piece of work, but he's really sank to a new low.
He's not enrolled the company in the 80% government furlough pay scheme, and as soon as he found out about it he had freezers shipped out to all stores so that they could class themselves as "mini marts" and be classed as an essential business and allowed to stay open. Some of these freezers haven't even been plugged in and don't have food in them.

Staff aren't allowed to wear gloves and no hand sanitizer is provided.

There is a petition going on for The Range to be closed during this time to protect their staff, and Chris Dawson has threatened any staff who sign it will be dismissed instantly.

Some of my ex colleagues are feeling sick with anxiety having to go in. They sell absolutely nothing that is essential during this time, and their food for sale is mainly crisps and confectionery. All departments there remain open, so people have been going in for non essential garden furniture etc with the nice weather.

I think it's absolutely disgusting and I feel so bad for my ex colleagues who are forced to work through this :nope:. I will never shop there ever again and I'll only ever go in to see the friends I've made there.

The thing with the freezer is bad enough but not allowing the staff to wear gloves and use handsanitizer?? WHY?! That is just crazy!

It is crazy. He's gone to a lot of lengths to save money :(

He's been reported many times by the public. I guess he has found a loophole with the freezers now in stores. The petition has around 13,700 signatures so maybe the government will look into it. It's frustrating when so many companies have taken a hit to protect people throughout this, and then there's companies like this with billionaire owners who won't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->