is anyone else struggling with red meat.....

pink_phoenix

Reaction score
Wow my tummy is so sensitive, not a massive meat kind of person, will eat chicken mostly but love red meat, try to stay away a lot of the time because I know it can be bad for your insides but since being pregnant I just can't eat it. And I mean even burgers, doesn't have to be steak.
When ever we eat out I tend to play it safe with a burger, let's face it, not a right lot can go wrong cooking a burger.
But every single time it's made my tummy really off and I've struggled to get out of the bathroom, which I wouldn't mind so much as when I don't eat beef I can't go full stop but I always get horrendous churning stomach pain for hours before I manage to go. This last time it's been for like almost 24 hours.

With everything that's gone on the pain can be quite alarming at times. Or scared the actual force of going it's going to do some damage.
Reluctant to eat chicken unless I've cooked it my self and can't just stop eating out, need a life for the next 6 months haha.
Maybe should stick to salad xx

I don't eat red meat anyway but I couldn't eat any meat at all for the first several weeks. You just have to find other protein sources!

I had a really bad meat aversion for a couple months. I have only been reintroducing meat in the past couple weeks. Red meat was the last meat I was able to start eating again.

What about fish? Lots of white fish are high in protein and perfectly safe. I've been eating lots of cooked shellfish and white fish when I go out.

I don't really eat a lot of meat other than chicken.
Burgers is only really when I go out. I don't eat pork or lamb at all and fish I can't even be in the room while it's been cooked or eaten.
I have no issue with not eating red meat at home as my OH can't and won't eat it.
Like I said burgers are normally a play it safe for eating out but gonna have to re think that one I think.
I also can't eat or drink anything dairy so pretty limited to what I can actually get in for protein. I did try and suck it up and eat fish but it went horribly wrong haha. Although docs did say when taken into hospital last week that fluids are much more important at the minute due to the fact I'm struggling to get a full meal and drink in. Has to be one or the other.

Used to eat a lot of quorn but read something about It being not great for while your trying to conceive so got me a little wary that it might not be all that great while I'm pregnant

i wasnt ever a huge red meat fan unless i craved it for whatever reason. i know i craved milk a TON a week before my missed period. i used to drink milk all the time or whenever i wanted to, with cereal or without. now i cant stomach it, as it makes me feel nauseous... dont know why! its awful. id love to have some. as for red meats, i think for me i cant stand pepperoni but hamburger i can easily stomach if im not wolfing it down(that goes for any food)

I actually had steak last night and it was fine so unsure why it just seems to be burgers, makes me think now maybe it's not actually the burger but maybe it's the sauces or other bits that come on it x

I don't eat red meat, but have had the worst desire for bacon. Non-pregnant me does not like bacon, lol.

I tried bacon today, was proper farm shop thick cut stuff. Safe to say it's put me off for life xx went off sweet potato last time. Never touched it since haha xx

I'm the opposite of you. I only eat fish (normally) but being pregnant makes me want red meat. All I can think about is burgers. I had 5 in the past 4 weeks!

that is for sure. I want all of the burgers and fries!

I went thru that stage when I first found out. All I wanted to eat was burger king haha. That's when I started having the tummy trouble and thought it must have been the burgers as there real meat apposed to the rubbish gym mat things at mc donnalds haha! Still crave the breakfast every morning tho but it's a long way from me to our nearest one xx

I am right there with you, I cant even stand the smell of a cooking burger it makes me instantly :sick: and I used to eat steak 2 nights a week before I fell pregnant.

Oddly I have no issues with mcdonalds burgers, they go down just fine. Not sure what that says about the meat content of a big mac......:shrug:

Haha prob not very high!!
I'm not keen on mc donnalds normal menu. Only really like the breakfast. Not a clue why like but it is my one guilty little pleasure seen as I can't stand the thought of chocolate or most un healthy things for that matter xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->