is anyone else

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
NOT being 'given' away? Was just wondering your reasoning behind it. I want to walk down the aisle alone and am planning on doing so but don't want to seem weird!! Xx

I dont really want to but know my dad would be upset. To me its an outdated tradition that comes from the days where women were treated like property, they belonged to their father who married them off and they then belonged to their husband.

My Dad is giving me away. I actually really like the tradition and it will mean a lot to me. But I can see why some people don't want to be given away and wouldn't think it was weird at all

My Dads giving me away, I don't think I'd personally like to walk down on my own, even though it do think its going to be a bit strange as my Dads not the most affectionate of people so I think it's even gonna feel strange to link his arm!

I always thought I wanted my Dad to give me away, but now I've thought about it I'm just not sure anymore. My Mum and Dad have never lived together whilst I've been alive (apart from maybe 6 months) and I just don't feel that he's a big enough part of my life to be giving me away. My mother is desperate to do it, but I'm not comfortable with that either lol! I just don't know what to do! I just think I would feel more comfortable going it alone xx

Do whatever you're most comfortable with. If you don't want to be 'given' away then walk down with your BMs or by yourself or whatever you want. I wouldn't find it weird at all if I was at a wedding and the bride wasn't given away. My SIL walked down the aisle 'alone' (she had her children and BM walk down before her) and no-one questioned it :)

Yeah I will have my little girl and bridesmaid there and I know my Dad wouldn't be offended :) xx

My dad isn't invited and there aren't any obvious alternatives so I will go alone with bms close behind me. Or if I feel shy I'll grab Kaia!

I don't like the idea, and I am not doing a procession because I don't think it'll look right so I'll walk down by myself.

my mothers been married 4 times, divorced 4 times - and i have an awful relationship with her. Ill most likely be walking down the aisle alone, i dont see the problem at all there. :)

I got married last week and didn't want it to be so formal my dad giving me away so me and Oh walked down together holding Los hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->