Is anyone else.....

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Stocking up on things they use on a daily basis, so you won't have to go to the supermarket for a while after LO is here??!

I currently have 18 loo roll (and am going to get another 18 tomorrow!)
I've got 12 kitchen roll
10 bottles of squash (neither me or OH can drink water!)
2 huge bottles of washing liquid
loads of washing up liquid, sponges etc
oh and a loooad of meat in the freezer.....I'm not too good at eating meals that've been cooked and frozen, (my OH has agreed to cook all meals while I'm BF!!!) so we've stocked up.
4 big bags of pasta
about 20 packs of super noodles (they are soooo quick and easy to make for a snack!)

I can't think of anything else....but am I the only one doing this?

If not can anyone else think of what we might need (not baby stuff, I've over stocked in that area too!!)

Naw, I'll just send hubby to the grocery store :) I don't have enough space in the kitchen to stock up like that! But then, I'm not the prepared type. I barely have any baby stuff in yet... only one pack of diapers and nothing else.

*sigh* now I'm hungry! look what you've done. *grins*

What a great idea :) I havent but im pretty sure i'll start hehee x

Hehe, good idea but I've not been doing that. I keep thinking that if I need to get out when LO has arrived the supermarket will be the place to go. How sad!!

Tins of soup/beans/tuna
Frozen veg
Cereal
Jars of sauces - bolognase, curry etc (unless you make them yourself - I don't!)

Just a couple of suggestions! x

lol ... sounds like me!
errm bubble bath/shower gel?
shampoo/conditioner?
Dettol ...
handwash xx

my goodness i never even thought of anything like that i just concentrated on gettin stuff for baby. will be doing a super market shopping list tonight!!

Lol sorry for making you hungry!!

The jar idea is a good one (screw making sauces from fresh!!)

Em I hadn't even thought of bathroom stuff....I'm gonna check my shampoo stock!

I will be sending my OH for stuff (I can see the supermarket from my living room!!) but thought some stuff it's best to have in, we are the type of ppl who run out of loo roll at 2am!!!

I'm not planning on going out (except for a walk) until the LO is at least a month! I'm too vain to just nip out with crazy hair and no make up!

Thanks for the help.

Sending OH for stuff is a good idea BUT your OH needs to know what you use on a daily basis! If I send mine he will get the wrong brand of sauce, TP roll, shampoo... The only things he buys regularly is beer, diet coke and kitty litter (heavy stuff). Don't laugh but when I make a grocery list for my guy, it looks like this:

butter (250g, NOT the spread kind, buy cheapest)
milk (skimmed, store brand, bottle not carton)
etc...

:rofl:

No we haven't but that's cos we've got a car so it'd be easy for one of us to nip out whilst the other looks after LO. It's a very good idea though! Plus, we don't have much space left in our kitchen cupboards, they're full of random crap :dohh:

good idea, if money wasnt so tight for us at the mo we would defo be doing this too xx

oohh lord isnt this the reason tescos deliver heheheh

I am planning to batch make some casseroles, chillis shepherds pies etc so all we have to do is nuke them but other than that I will do my normal weekly online shop plus we have just ordered about £200 worth to be delivered christmas eve and its only the two of us lol so no doubt we will have some leftovers

Hehe lastbtime Tesco delivered to me they screwed it up and it was sooo much aggro to sort out!

My OH is a nightmare shopping too! The list always has to have EXACTLY what I want on it, brand names included!

We can't really afford it (thank god for my overdraft!) but I've figured we'll have to buy this stuff eventually so it'll just make shopping trips cheaper in the next month or two!

Good idea! But we're short on space too!!! Can't wait to take little one:baby: out, just an excuse to show him off though!!!!!:haha:

I have been cooking like crazy as I don't mind sending OH out to the shops but I don't like the thought of us surviving off ready meals which could happen if we are both tired and busy, so far I have cooked 8 portions of lasagne, 8 portions of sauage casterole and 6 portions of beef stew, also have loads of frozen veg, fishcakes, meatetcso that at least we can have decent meals once a day!

havent done this time but last time i bought extra washing powder,fabric softner & catfood each time i went shopping- not only to save money whilst I was on ML but also cause they are big heavy things!tea bags/coffe/sugar/biscuits always good plus some spare milk for the freezer maybe?

errr never, i never stocked up on nappies and wipes either

sorry if this sounds a bit off or harsh but i am having a baby and cant see any reason why normal day to day life has to stop for weeks

obviously if i go into labour the day before i am due to go shopping then dh will have to grab some bits, or it will be chinese for tea when i come home, but i honestly dont see at all why weekly shopping trips have to stop - its a bit like buying half of tescos at christmas - i dont get that either

I guess everyones different Suzy!!

I'm really looking forward to a couple of weeks of just me and baby, at home bonding. I'll go out for walks, and to families houses, but the majority of the time I want to be sleeping, or curled up on the sofa!

There was a lady in the supermarket the other day with a newborn that was crying the entire time! She looked so stressed and frazzled, it looked like hell bless her.

This is what I'll be doing at end of Jan me thinks :)
I will do a big store cupboard shop and probably get it delivered. I did a big Tesco shop today and I actually struggled to push my trolley once it was full up.....!!xx

I agree with Bloomerslady - some time with the family without having the worry of having to get the shopping done is my plan too! I also want to give myself some time to get into a routine with feeding and the like before I hit the supermarket! My friend had her second baby three weeks ago and just made her first trip to the shops today....

I remember what the first month was like with my son and I am soooooooooo stocking up soon on some stuff ;) As someone else said, I couldn't send out my OH to do any shopping as he would get the wrong stuff and it's such a pain to write out the list with such specifics LOL I mean, if I had to go out, no problem but I would feel more prepared if I had lots of stuff in the pantry so I don't have to worry about bundling up Kayleigh and Jacob and heading out in the freezing cold to get canned soup or something hehe. Where I live we get some real nasty winter storms and I am not one to risk my kids on bad roads, so I usually stock up more in the winter anyways :)

I am also having a c-section and won't be able to drive for a while and OH works full time and I would hate to have to ask him to run out for this or that once he is home from a long day, I will want to be able to snuggle up to him with the kids and relax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->