Is anyone following Contented Little Baby Routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy&Pard

Reaction score
I am trying to follow the CLB but feeling so guilty all the time! Today Leo was already tired/crying at 5pm so I started his bath half an hour earlier but then the bath turned out to be too cold he likes it really warm and he started crying so I took him out and fed him and he fell asleep so he was in bed by 5.30pm he then woke up at 6pm and no amount of anything would sort him out he cried until 8pm! I just cant win either way! If I do a routine he cries if I dont he cries more! I have spent the last three hours in tears on the landing! :hissy: what the hell am I doing wrong!? My baby book says that at nearly three months he shouldnt be crying in the evenings anymore. :hissy:

:hugs: The worst thing is "following guidelines" they say "oh at this old your baby should be doing this and that..." it doesn't quite work that way, your baby is an individual!! So your not likely doing anything wrong...except expecting that your baby is going to be textbook lol your doing fine :hug:

I tried it. I lasted about two days. It was horrid. Fin has found his own routine now. Throw it away sweetheart! xxxx

I think if you read the fine print in the book it actually says "this is rubbish and it doesn't work for every baby. You should throw me away". He will find his own schedule soon enough. Don't stress yourself out too much.

These books are awful, my HV bans mums from using them they just add unrealistic pressure on an already hard situation.
Throw it away, sit and have a cuppa and relax in the knowldege you and your baby are working to what works for you not what a stranger is dictating to you to do xx

Books are [admin edited]. I followthe 'I'm her Mum and I know best' method!! I can understand wanting a routine though but I think they find their own. Babies dont come out of books, they come out of Mums. :)

Books are [admin edited]. I followthe 'I'm her Mum and I know best' method!! I can understand wanting a routine though but I think they find their own. Babies dont come out of books, they come out of Mums. :)

Agreed. Caitlyn found her own routine within 6 weeks... you know your baby, the book doesnt :hugs:

Can I ask if you decide the times things happen or if Gina Ford does?? Just curious....

Gina Ford does Lisa. It's [admin edited]! No wonder mums go mad!!!

Thread closed. For legal reasons posts about Gina Ford are no longer allowed on BabyandBump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"