is anyone pregnant with baby #2 different father from baby #1?

QuintinsMommy

Reaction score
Hello,
I had my first son when I was 19, single and alone. It wasn't easy but I met someone now we are getting married next month :happydance: and recently found out we were pregnant with baby number 2
My husband is a wonderful father to my son, he is the only father my son has ever known,sometimes I worry he will have a bond with baby #2 he doesn't have with my son because of the biological difference

is anyone else in a similar situation?

Hey hun I'm in the same situation. My OH has been with me since my ds was 13 months. The bond might be a little different because its their biological child but I'm sure the love will not change. Esp with these men being the only fathers our ds eva had they won't let anything change that.

Same situation but years later. I had my 1st ds at 19 and met my current husband when my son was 20 months. He has been a great father. We had ds2 when my first son was 4yrs old. Two boys now 11 &7, and DH is a great father to both! He adopted son #1 before he had a chance to ask any questions. DH is the only father he has known and will ever know. Now we are expecting baby #3 and all is great, both sons are really looking forward to the new baby and want a girl!! Hubby and I are happy with a healthy baby #3!

I can say that the bond is different, bit I've come to realize that bonds are different between any sibling and parent. Son #1 is a definite mommas boy due to being him and me for so long, and son#2 is a daddys boy but not because of genetics or lack of love. Both boys love their father and he loves both of them and is very fair with them. My first really just happens to be exactly like me in almost everyday and the second is more like his dad. (upon reflection, this is the same as me and my sister who have the same dad)

I'm in the same situation, met my current partner when DD was 2, she's now nearly 4 and we are expecting our first together, she knows he's not her Dad but he's the only father she's ever known as until I met him it was just me and her from day 1... I expect the bond to be different but the love and responsibility feelings to be the same. He says - god forbid we don't work out he will always still treat both kids the same and not just have his for the weekends he would always have her too..xx

I'm in a similar situation.

My ex husband is the father of my 3 year old son, he's a great dad and had my son every weekend but we didn't work out and I wasn't happy at all.
And I'm currently pregnant to my partner, my partner dotes on my son and absolutely adores him, he puts him to bed at night and gets him ready in the mornings.
My son talks to my ex about my partner and my ex has accepted that he's a major part of his life now

I know the bond will always be slightly different with my son as his dad is actively involved, he knows he has daddy and refers to my partner as 'that's my paul mummy'. Once baby arrives he may decide to use the word daddy with my partner too but that's entirely his choice.

Now the hard part is to come, telling my ex I'm pregnant as I'm sure it won't be the easiest conversation!

Hello,
I had my first son when I was 19, single and alone. It wasn't easy but I met someone now we are getting married next month :happydance: and recently found out we were pregnant with baby number 2
My husband is a wonderful father to my son, he is the only father my son has ever known,sometimes I worry he will have a bond with baby #2 he doesn't have with my son because of the biological difference

is anyone else in a similar situation?

Exactly the same except i had my daughter at 17, pregnant at 16. Her biological (blegh father/ donor) has never been around from day 1 of the pregnancy even. Dh now is wonderful we plan to marry, me and dd are so in love with him. He will be 9fficially adopting her once we are married. :cloud9:

My 2nd child was with a different dad. Had my first at age 16 and then my other 3 (and this one) are with my current husband. He loves them all very equally...although he seems to hold a special place for his firstborn. It could be the age difference. My first is now 15 and OUR first is only 3.5. Not meaning this in a bad way at all! She's just got him wrapped for sure! lol.

Good luck with everything hun xx

Same situation but years later. I had my 1st ds at 19 and met my current husband when my son was 20 months. He has been a great father. We had ds2 when my first son was 4yrs old. Two boys now 11 &7, and DH is a great father to both! He adopted son #1 before he had a chance to ask any questions. DH is the only father he has known and will ever know. Now we are expecting baby #3 and all is great, both sons are really looking forward to the new baby and want a girl!! Hubby and I are happy with a healthy baby #3!

glad to hear that it all worked out for you and congrats on baby #3

I'm also happy I'm not the only one in this situation makes me a little less nervous because other people make it work so I should be able to as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->