Is breastfeeding ruining your sex life?

BF hormones suppress sex drive to protect the nursling from you becoming pregnant and affecting our supply.

I wonder if the fact that my cycles have returned has anything to do with the fact that I have plenty of sex drive? Not as much as when DH and I first met, but plenty as much as before we got pregnant.:shrug:

BF hormones suppress sex drive to protect the nursling from you becoming pregnant and affecting our supply.

I wonder if the fact that my cycles have returned has anything to do with the fact that I have plenty of sex drive? Not as much as when DH and I first met, but plenty as much as before we got pregnant.:shrug:

Then what's my excuse because mine haven't returned :haha:

Breastfeeding is sooo clever though, I'm in awe of how it protects us from the contracting down, through to prohibiting ovulation (in theory!) although I wish Mother Nature *or whomever one believes!* had thought out the issue of after pains a little more yeah we need them but so painful?!

Well, although my cycles have returned, they are not at a point that they would sustain a pregnancy (7 day LP, anyone?). I do think our bodies are designed to naturally space our children. Granted it doesn't always work (some people EBF and get their cycles right back!), sometimes it kind of works (I went back to work at 12 weeks, and pumping is not as efficient as breastfeeding, so my fertility returned before the average), and sometimes it works TOO well (some people have to cease breastfeeding completely in order to conceive their next child).

Probably has something to do with the lack of sex drive.

I had sex once since conception then once since delivery. No big deal. I wouldn't get too caught up on it. Hormone creams etc aren't a good idea when BF.

Thank you all for your answers. It helps so much to know that I am not alone. While, lack of sleep, lack of libido etc are all big factors, I think the biggest factor is the fear of getting pregnant again. I am not on birth control and don't plan to be so every time we dtd it is all on prayers. My period has yet to return and I don't see any signs of ovulation as of yet, but I still panic every time...ugh being a woman sucks sometimes

So glad I'm not alone. On my 8 week check up I was asked what birth control I was using. Er what?! Abstinence not enough? :haha:

It's like my body is busy serving my baby at the moment and there is no energy left for anything else. Plus I feel a bit like a cow with leaking udders. And my nursing bras are very unsexy. Plus I need all the sleep I can get.

My baby is 4.5 months old now but my libido is still down at zero.

Maybe it's not strange, considering..?

Why arent creams a good idea? Just curious. Because im only taking a small amount of estrogen into my vagina so its just local just 2x/week. Im hyperlactating so the estrogen is not lowering my milk production. Baby gets female hormones anyways from my milk. What have you read/researched on this? Im curious because I wouldnt want to do anything wrong.

Combined contraceptives are not recommended due to containing estrogen. Same applies to creams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->