Is decaf coffee ok?

Ava Grace

Mummy to 2 boys wtt #3
Reaction score
Just wondering as i'm going to cut out normal coffee and ALL alcohol from January if it is ok to have de-caf coffee?

I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea and green tea but I do enjoy my morning coffee. Does anyone know? xx

I had been trying to conceive for 4 months and succeeded on month four which was when I cut out my coffee completely.

Should be fine. There is a slight trace of caffeine on decaf coffee but I could say the same for chocolate. I normally indulge in a espresso once or twice a week (I miss my coffee).

thanks hun that has cheered me up. I have still been having two a day so hoping cutting out will make a difference x

I am a big coffee and tea lover as well, so I asked my OBGYN last time I saw her. She said it was fine to have up to 200 mg of caffeine a day while TTC, pregnant and breast feeding. A cup of decaf coffee contains between 2 and 12 mg...same for decaf tea (some brands have more than others). Just keep in mind that other foods contain caffeine, such as chocolate, and some medications.

thanks hun that helps...I didn't even know chocolate had it in! hmm lot's of changes for me!

I am a coffee addict- I have a double shot in the morning - I used to have another in the afternoon but have stopped this now. I wish I could stop altogether but it feels like an impossibility!!
I really hope the caffeine is not the reason why I am still trying and at cycle 5 now... grrrrr!! I always thought I was so fertile!!
xxx

me too hun! I am running out of options in month 7 so I need to give this a go!

Coffee is something I love but I'd love that BFP more so I will think that whilst sipping my water!!

hope you get a BFP soon hun x

Good luck! I love my coffee and could never give it up! Tried to go the decaf route but don't care for the taste.

Honestly, I don't think it will affect things. I've gotten pregnant 3x now and and each time was hugely addicted to coffee (3-4 cups per day if not more). Even though the last pregnancy ended in miscarriage (was a blighted ovum), I do not think the drink affected it...now I'm testing positive with my HPTs (faint lines, see HPT gallery :) ) and still just as addicted to coffee as before...right now I'm at 2 cups per day.

Either way, good luck and :dust: to you! If you're at all addicted and love your coffee like me, it might get tough!

I had been trying to conceive for 4 months and succeeded on month four which was when I cut out my coffee completely.

Thats it im quitting coffee :coffee:. I do drink alot of it :cry:. I know its worth it if I see a :bfp:

Decafe coffee/tea I can handle....but its just not the same :nope:

I've come to love decaf. My brother insists it will give me cancer but then, everything gives you cancer, so it seems. My hubby got me a coffee grinder for Christmas and I fully intend on using it! Starbucks sells some nice decaf beans.

I am going to have faith in mommy2baby2's entry- coffee and BFP need not have to be incompatable.
;)

Hey guys
Just reading the thread and wanted to clarify if Raspberry Leaf is good or bad? I have read conflicting info some say it is a good uterine tonic other sources say that it can cause uteribe contractions which can lead to MC, has anyone got any other info on it, as im really interested in drinking it if it does tone the uterous.

I was told that it is ok upto ov and then you should stop in the 2ww. It can bring on labour in late stages so can be drunk then as well. x

I would never give up my coffee/tea. I just made sure to stay under the 200mg/day while ttc and during my pregnancy.

Well thank you for raising this as I never knew that chocolate contained caffeine!

I am quite worried now as I am a chocoholic!!

I also do not operate properly without a cup of tea in the morning... Will have to see if they make De-caff tea bags!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->