Is diarrhoea normal?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
I've got diarrhoea at the mo (had it for about 2 hours) any ideas if it is normal. I know I can't take imodium.

Ive had this, ive had the opposite ive had it all ways lmao!

Hi noodles I read it's normal, Ive also had it 3 times today and once yesterday, apparently its normal though, to do with the hormonal changes!

Is it diarrohea, or just really loose? Sorry to ask! Just that i seem to be switching between extremely loose and constipation! Euch! Not nice.. would rather have the former though!

I think that it's normal, the only thing to watch out for is if it continues, you may become dehydrated, so you'd better drink plenty of liquids. Hope it eases up for you soon.

I've had it a few times too, seems totally normal hun, don't worry.

I have since 2 days before I found out I was BFP 8 days ago and do every morning since!!! so guess it must be normal.

I've also had this a few time, thank goodness its normal.

I had this at around 6 weeks to 8 weeks and on and off since then.. m/w said it was normal and due to all the change in hormones.

Like Clarabelle said, you just need to make sure you drink lots of fluid to keep hydrated.

X

I heard your either constipated or you have diarrhea. You can't really do much about it but bare and grin. Sorry hun, hope it gets better soon! :)

The nurse from NHS direct called me back early hours this morning and told me that it was nothing to worry about. Being pregnant we are prone to lots of bugs as youe body fights for the baby ebforeit fights for you so you can get sick easily. She advised using some antibac handwash (you know the little bottles that you carry around with you) as you may wash your hands after going to the loo put the person before might not and then you touch the door handle and you get their germs.

I've obviously been lucky, still maintaining my regular daily "movements" :D

i think it is normal i had the same yesterday with pain in my tommy, like I have ate something bad , but I'm fine today feeling dizzy and nauseous

my bowels are all over the place at the min haha TMI.but im going form loose to constipated never really just OK though,i think this is possibly my only pregnancy symptom,great ey:rofl:

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev344pr___.png

I've been all over the place too (not literally!) There'll be 4 or 5 days where I dont go at all and then all hell breaks loose (ahem sorry!) for a few hours :rofl:
It's awful :( Having IBS doesnt help!

I've been all over the place too (not literally!) There'll be 4 or 5 days where I dont go at all and then all hell breaks loose (ahem sorry!) for a few hours :rofl:

i have IBS to and suffering big time, i keep worrying if my IBS cramps are something i shoul dbe worried about or if they r just genuine IBS cramps,,are u takin gany medication?
i was on meberverine b4 pregnancy but have since stopped it as wasnt sure if its ok to take, and havent seen midwife yet so cant ask :(

i wish i was having that problem!
im totally the other way.
its doing my head in!!
feel bloated and horrible, been like this for weeks.
drinkin hundreds of oj. least im getting my vit c though :rofl:
xxx

i have IBS to and suffering big time, i keep worrying if my IBS cramps are something i shoul dbe worried about or if they r just genuine IBS cramps,,are u takin gany medication?
i was on meberverine b4 pregnancy but have since stopped it as wasnt sure if its ok to take, and havent seen midwife yet so cant ask :(

I've never taken anything for my IBS as it kinda comes and goes. If I'm stressed then it can really play up and I just avoid the foods that spark off an attack. I've had it since I was 14 so I've learned how to manage it without taking meds for it :)
As for the cramping that IBS brings... I've suffered with a fair few of those and wondered if they're IBS cramps or not but because I've had this for so long, I know the difference. OH on the other hand gets worried if I double over with an IBS cramp bless him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->