Is going to Disney okay?

Periwinkle58

Reaction score
I'll be 13 weeks pregnant (I'm 11+5 now) at the time and was wondering if it'd be okay. I haven't started showing at all, have no symptoms, and hate roller coasters/things with drops. So I wouldn't be going on splash mountain/tower of terror n things of the sort but I do like mini coasters (like the kiddie ones such as the seven dwarves mine ride) and big thunder mt. Would those be okay? I won't be able to see the doc before I go and from what I've read they say no pregnant women on most of the rides. But I'd imagine it's for liability reasons and also for women that have a bump and may get hit/hurt. Since I'm still flat and have no health problems or risk would some rides be okay?

When I was pregnant with my 3 year old we went to Disney and I did some of the ride as well I was about 7 weeks

I always see pregnant women at Disneyland. The rides that are dangerous for pregnant women are pretty clearly marked (basically all the roller coaster rides or the ones with height limits, I'd say). There's still a lot to do if you stick to the shows or slower-paced rides! Just be sure to stay hydrated, take rests, don't push yourself, etc., and it should be fine.

I definitely wouldn't ride Thunder Mountain Railroad though. It has a lot of jolting and bumps. If you look here, you can see which ones are safe: https://allears.net/dlr/tp/dlr_rr.htm

You can ride just about every ride there besides roller coasters. I went at nearly 20 weeks pregnant with a very obvious bump years ago and it was a blast. Anything that's a ride that would clearly make your tummy feel like it's in your throat would be obvious no nos. But I found most of Disney was kiddie and still amazingly fun. :haha:

We went to Disney the entire time I was pregnant with my second. I was horribly sick and hot at one time and spent most of the time staying hydrated and cool but every other time was great. Except for the couple of roller coasters all the tides would be fine. We went all the way from 6 weeks pregnant until 10 days before she was born. Have fun!!! We love Disney so much!

I have to give you some credit for attempting rides at 13 weeks! I would still be in the midst of morning sickness by then :sick: Anyways I would say that it would be fine, just like the others suggest keep it low key. I never rode any rides while pregnant, though I was tempted to when we went to the Mall of America during a trip to Minnesota when I was 25 weeks. I did end up going on a lazy river at 36 weeks pregnant in my last pregnancy and she turned out fine but I could hardly get up in the inner tube! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->