• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

is it just hormones?

mrsclt

Reaction score
I've been breastfeeding my 4 and a half month old boy, exclusively for 3 and a half months, and the last month formula if I'm unavailable at the time he wants a feed. Have also introduced solids at 4 months, only once in the evenings but he'll eat a 120g puree pack. He still bf's after the solids. He also had a week of sleeping through the night. The last few nights, I noticed that I wake up with a numb tingly hand from sleeping on it, so go to roll over and my hips and back hurt. It keeps me up sometimes because I can't get comfortable. I also feel a bit lethargic with achy muscles all over. Feel like an old woman sometimes. My boobs are also tender, both sides so I dont think its mastitis. They aren't hot, no red patches, can't feel any abnormal lumps so I don't think its plugged ducts. They feel sore when I put pressure on them, and when I express milk, the nipples are quite tender for a bit as well. I took a hpt last week which was negative. I haven't had a pp period since bub was 7 weeks.

Could this all be due to hormones? Or lack of iron or something?

Although I didn't have any problems with my breasts, I had the 'old lady' aches too, at around four months (and I was also ebf). Never figured out why, and it went away eventually - I did start taking my multi-vitamins again though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->