• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it just me..or does the prenatal vitamin seem to make morning sickness worse?

coffeekitty20

Reaction score
I haven't thrown up, but I am nauseous all day long!:wacko:
I take my prenatal at night after a meal but I stay up for hours feeling sick only to keep feeling sick the next day.
Is it all the baby? It just seems to intensify when I take my prenatal.
Has anyone else experienced this

tiny side-note:
I'm having really light cramps on my left side only, but they usually go away after I pee. Does this sound like a bladder infection, or just my bladder shrinking drastically?

one more tiny side-note:
My lower back is starting to get achy..Is that normal?

Sorry for all the questions, but this will be my first baby, and I have no experience with anything pregnancy related..:blush:

My GP adviced against prenatals. She said there is research to show some women get worse ms due to them.. Im eating healthy so she just said to keep taking folic acid. Ive had weird cramps and aches pretty much everywhere around my mid area.. Hoping its ok :)

If your vit has iron in it, it could well be making it worse. Iron can upset the tummy.

I was told to take my vit as I lay down to sleep, so I sleep through the worst of the sickness. Of course that's no help on nights when insomnia hits....

I was taking mine for a few months before I got preg and never noticed any sickness from it. However, I always keep mine right beside the bed and take it right before I lay down to go to sleep every night. So even if they had kicked in and made me queasy I wouldn't notice because I'm sleeping. I just now started feeling sick from the pregnancy right at 7 weeks and am sure it's not the prenatal because I've been doing the same routine for months.

Maybe it would help for you to take the vitamin right before falling asleep instead of after your meal? I know some people are more sensitive to them but it's worth a try. :)

When I was pregnant with my first daughter my prenatals used to make me so sick that I'd have to call in late for work. :wacko: But I finally worked out a system! Don't take a prenatal right after eating... the food needs more time than that to settle (I usually take mine in the afternoon, so both breakfast and lunch have settled.... and the ONLY time I've ever been sick was once I took it in the morning because I was going to be gone all day)... and take them with milk. Drink half the glass first, and swallow the pill with the second half of the glass. This is my foolproof plan for being sickness free from prenatals!! (also, if you're going to breastfeed, keep taking the prenatals... it makes a HUGE difference!)

:hugs:

I took my prenatal for months before conceiving, and the first 5 weeks before morning sickness kicked in, with no trouble. I could take it on an empty stomach even. Now that I have morning sickness, taking my prenatal on an empty stomach definitely makes the morning sickness worse. I try to take it with whatever my largest meal of the day is. If my stomach is full, it doesn't seem to have too much of an effect on the nausea.

Same as Thistledown, the only time I notice it make ms worse is definitely on an empty stomach. I also do not take it right after eating, normally I would wait at least an hour so maybe try that? As for your other questions sorry I can't help with the bladder one but my bladder does feel weird sometimes (tight or tingly) so maybe it is just pregnancy related, keep an eye on symptoms. And as for back.. Mine is achey too, so I believe it is normal :)

Do all of the various prenatal vits come in the size of a horse pill?
Has anyone found a certain brand to be a bit smaller?
Hell, I'd kill for a chewable, but I guess theres no such thing... there totally should be! Like prenatal flintstone vitamins :rofl:

When pregnant with my son I had awful morning sickness. I was puking loads every day. It was only after a trip to the Dr that she realised it was my "pregnacare" vitamin that was making it ten times worse. We agreed I would stop it and just carry on with Folic Acid until just past 12-weeks. I then googled it and found quite a lot of women get the morning sickness worse with pre-natal vitamins xxx

I've heard some people have had their doctors recommend switching to a chewable children's vitamin instead of the prenatals. Would have to check with your doctor though - I'd imagine not all brands of children's vitamins would have everything you need.

If it's just the size of the pills that's bothering you, some prenatals come in a 2 or 3 pill a day form. Sucks having to take them more often, but the pills are usually quite a bit smaller.

My doctor said the gummy prenatals were much easier on your stomach but said taking just folic acid was also a goo option. Very good for the baby and easy on mama's tummy.
Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->