Is It Just me?

ForbearingLuv

Reaction score
Or are any other first time Moms stressed out about what kind of car seat to get?!?

I'm freaking out right now about all the choices there are and how to decide between an infant only or the 3in1 Convertible car seats -.-

I personally want the 3in1 because to me buying an infant one seems pointless when the 3in1 can be used to toddler age. I'm about ready to pull my hair out over this when it's probably shouldn't be this hard to decide.

Also the 3in1 stays in the car 24/7 correct? So what happens when you go shopping? How do you carry baby around the store? Is that a dumb question?! Lol

Any advice?! From new moms that decided or moms who know what's what with car seats! Lol

Hope I can post this here

We went with a regular infant car seat with a base that stays in the car. The car seat pulled out so we didn't have to wake the baby when he was sleeping, and it snapped into the stroller as well. This seemed to work out really well for us.

We upgraded to a toddler seat when he outgrew the infant seat; the toddler seats are quite affordable. Plan to do the same thing with this baby, too.

Personally I like the infant ones but that because it made shopping a lot easier and if babu was sleeping shopping didn't require waking him. But this time I plan to baby wear when I go shopping even though I have an infant car seat again as opposed to the 3 in 1. I really want to baby wear with this child as I won't be able to take 6 months off work after I have him like I did with baby#1 so we have that extra bit of contact. Also I personally wouldn't want to buy a 3 in 1 incase I got into an accident and then the car seat pretty much went to waste... but I'm just a thinker and I live in a high traffic area with a lot of stupid drivers. Though I deffinately see the positives of a 3 in 1 I like the infant ones personally.

Thank you! Both of you helped a lot actually. It makes me feel better just hearing your feed back. :)

I had an infant sea for 1 month with DS then went to convertible (planned to skip infant but he left the hospital under 5lbs) but I took him out of the infant seat like it was a convertible, since infant seats should not be used too much. They are not a good position to leave a child in. I wore him for shopping.

I told my husband I wanted to wear while shopping also but I am plus size and wasn't sure how the carriers work with bigger girls. And I thought id try a wrap but was still worried how that would play out.

We had an infant seat but always took baby out of it when not in the car. It's not a good position to leave baby in.

We never used an infant seat for my daughter and won't for this baby either.we use wraps and slings and carriers. I'm plus sized and never had any issue US size 18. We saved money getting a convertible seat. And now we have a two year old who will fall asleep in a carrier or calm right down and just chill on our backs. It was especially great because she had acid reflux and being up really helped her. Not to mention the amazing bonding she and dh got.

That's a very good point; you shouldn't leave an infant sleeping in a car seat for long periods of time. We only let our little one continue sleeping in it during shopping trips or long enough to get him into the house and transfer to his crib.

For some reason carriers and slings/wraps never worked well for us. I wish they would have, but there you go. We might try again with the one on the way.

I have the infant seat because it's easy to bring LO from the garage to inside and when we go out visiting friends/family. It also snaps into our stoller, but I only use it like that if we haven't been in the car too long, and if our shopping trip is a short one. If we're going to be spending a lot of time in the mall I attach a bassinet to my stroller. I do have an Ergobaby carrier except the dr doesn't want me to use it until my c-section is fully healed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->