Is it just me...

Kiddo

Reaction score
...or is there something a bit dodgy about someone chapping your door to ask if you want your windows washed when it's really icy outside and there's snow pouring out the sky?

The rooms we use most are all at the back of the house so there were no lights on at the front. I watched where he went and he didn't go to any of the neighbours' doors before going out of sight. Ours is the middle house too - it's not like it would be the first one he came to. And there was no sign of buckets or ladders or anything.

Would you think anything of it? Maybe I'm just overthinking it because OH is working away from home just now so I'm home myself with a toddler and a baby for a few days.

Well being its snowing yeah. I wouldnt wanna have my windows cleaned or actually be cleaning the windows when there is snow coming out the sky :haha:

Sounds like he was checking if your house was empty!

That's what I thought. I'm going out this evening but FIL will be in babysitting so there will be someone in all day and night today.

Freaked me out a little though.

Eeep thats don't sound good.

Sounds like he was having a shufty to see if house was empty.

V xxx

Yeah scary! Either seeing if your house was empty or seeing if he could get a peek through your front door when you opened it. If that was me i would of said something like 'no its ok my OH got out of jail today and washed them earlier' Just to freak them out lol

Yeah scary! Either seeing if your house was empty or seeing if he could get a peek through your front door when you opened it. If that was me i would of said something like 'no its ok my OH got out of jail today and washed them earlier' Just to freak them out lol

:rofl:

There's nothing to see when I open the front door except a pile of jackets and Harvey's wee scooter. Hopefully he'll have heard the kids and realise that there's someone in most of the time so it's not worth coming back.

Think I might hide all the Christmas presents in less obvious places before I go out today though, just in case. Every year I get paranoid about someone thieving all our presents and spoiling Christmas as we'd have no gifts to give people.

I might just be looking too much into it though and he did just want to wash my windows :shrug:

that sounds VERY suspicious!! I prob would've rung the police if it were me answering the door to someone like that!!!

:rofl:

There's nothing to see when I open the front door except a pile of jackets and Harvey's wee scooter. Hopefully he'll have heard the kids and realise that there's someone in most of the time so it's not worth coming back.

Think I might hide all the Christmas presents in less obvious places before I go out today though, just in case. Every year I get paranoid about someone thieving all our presents and spoiling Christmas as we'd have no gifts to give people.

I might just be looking too much into it though and he did just want to wash my windows :shrug:

Lol coz it makes perfect sense to offer to clean just your windows in the snow. Maybe you Have a wierd not so secret admirer lol.

Maybe keeping the prezzies hidden a little would be a good idea.

The presents were hidden from view but I did move them from the obvious cupboard into the secret cupboard so if there was a burglary it's unlikely they would find them. Nobody would realise this one was a cupboard unless they already knew it was. It's like something out of Scooby Doo :haha:

that is strange i probs wouldnt have clicked on if that happened to me lol im thick like that :-/
i would call police just say you had a strange visit give a brief discription of the man and seen as its a week day the cops probs arent so busy so they may get a patroll car to pass by your house omce in a while they did this for me before when i was having trouble :)

The presents were hidden from view but I did move them from the obvious cupboard into the secret cupboard so if there was a burglary it's unlikely they would find them. Nobody would realise this one was a cupboard unless they already knew it was. It's like something out of Scooby Doo :haha:

Lol i love hidden cupboards. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->