is it just us??? LOONG - sorry

saraendepity

Daisy's Mummy and TTC!
Reaction score
ok this is gonna turn into one hell of a rant and a twist sorry:blush:

ok :cry: i dunno really how to put this and feel like crap for thinking/saying it .....:cry:

Daisy is just totally imposssible at the moment! it feels like she has done nothing but cry/twist/claw at my face today :cry: i dont know if this is just a phase but it seems like this has been like this since birth and is just getting worse...

she will lie on her mat for a maximum of about 10 mins and play 30-40 if i sit with her then all she will start to show tired signs so i will put her to bed and she will refuse to sleep (i rock her off then put her in her cot) as soon as she hits the cot she wakes and starts squealing and grinning at me but within 5 mins she is totally knackred again and will not go to sleep without one hell of a battle :cry: i cant seem to find any time to feed her (we are attempting BLW but finding the time to cook for both of us is impossible!) so i feel crap cos of this, she was on the floor playing about an hour ago and it was aound her feed time i went to make her bottle and she went berserk and screamed the house down - yet when i got back she wasnt that interested in her milk :shrug: she's taken most of it now and fell asleep on my shoulder as she is so so tired so i went to put her to bed and PING wide awake now:dohh:

when i do manage to get her off for a nap then it is literally 20 mins usually 3 times a day and i'm thinking maybe is she just getting so tired thats why she's so cranky and horrid :cry: i have-PND which is making these things alot harder to deal with - i'm not on my tablets anymore as i ran out and havent managed to get to the docs to get a new script but i just feel like i have no time to do anything at the moment...she will go in her door bouncer for 20 mins but only if i am in the room so i can fold some clothes but that is the only time i manage to get anything done.

now i know this is what life as a mum is like but i just feel i should be able to atleast do a little housework or sit down with my feet up for 1/2 hour a day atleast????

i feel so guilty for feeling like this ........ :cry: she's screaming again.........................

ok mught have to take that all back...i just went upstairs crying my eyes out with her, put her in her cot and she went straight to sleep:shrug: ....................:cry: i feel like the worst mum ever

:hugs: aww hunni dont feel bad.Finn is the same at the mo,although we are getting there with naps and sleeping.I think its their age,they want to be doing more,exploring and dont want to miss anything.It will better hunni.With the food I cant really help as he such a hungry boy that blw just wouldnt work so he is on lumpy purees and finger food to keep him happy!xx

:hugs:

I'm not in a great place to advise, but consider yourself hugged.

Is there anyone who can help you for a hour, even just so you can take a hot bath?

I reckon getting your prescription is a really high priority.

Could weaning be a contributing factor?
Has it started since its gotten cold?

I hope something shifts, but please dont beat yourself up :hugs:

Aww hon, sending you massive :hug:

I also think your script is a high priority at the moment. Did you come off cold turkey? It's probably not helping how you're feeling at the moment. I think we all have days like this and you're a brilliant brilliant mum, I think they just like to test our patience!

I think they're at that age where they're tired but don't want to miss out which is really frustrating for us :hugs:

thanks ladies :) she's been like this always really, doesnt ever really seem to be able to sit and play for more than five minutes....i love how loving and cuddly she is but just for once a day it would be so nice for her to play for a little longer or have a longer nap....havent really got anyone who can take her/watch her at the moment - i'm not speaking to my mum at the moment and my Nana is getting too old MIL lives a while away and when she does come to watch her she just holds her CONSTANTLY which makes my life doubly hard when she goes and for the next couple of days as she just wants to be held even more ...... :cry: i just feel like all i do is complain about her at the moment....things are just soo hard at the moment :shrug: guess i will just have to deal with it for now....she's worth it :)

:hugs:
You're not a bad mum at all, don't be silly!!

If she really needs you there to play all the time, you could try sitting with her and gradually sit further and further away from her so that it's so gradual that she doesn't notice, but over enough time that she gets used to you not being right >there< iygwim?

Have you spoken to your HV about it, if she's grumpy all the time then there may be an underlying issue?

I can't really help with the naps/sleep issue I'm afraid as I'm soooo lucky that Violet goes off pretty easy so I've not had to "work" at it so I can't help there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->