is it much harder with 2?

jacobs mummy

mum of 1
Reaction score
planning a 2nd sometime in the near future... does it get much harder with having 2? jacob is 2 next month and we're planning another (fingers crossed BFP before christmas) people keep telling me it's so much more harder with 2 than 1.. I didn't find jacob hard to begin with. He went to nursery when he was 4 months so i could go back to work 3 days. (he does 2 a week and loves it) I didn't find the night feeds awful.. okay i missed sleep but i had plenty of time to catch up. I didn't find getting him into a routine hard either! he was eating baby rice by 3 months and veg by 4 1/2 months.. always loved his food.. so what is it about having another? is it less time? i thought they'd play together giving me more time. Jacob isn't a demanding child and i hope thats because of the way we've brought him up... :smug:i know i wont have to worry about baby sitters as my parents look after jacob every thur now and will carry on doing when 2nd baby arrives.. (this is to give me and husband a nite alone - we call it date nite)

Is there anyone who thinks having 2 is more than double the work?
h x

ive found having 2 harder.. Ffion is not a 'calm' baby like Rhys was and she doesnt sleep well at night so im pretty much knackered all the time.

if people had told me how hard it would be i think we still would have had Ffion anyway...

Its harder but you cope, with baby #1 you have all the time in the world; but with each subsequent baby there is naturally less time but you multitask to fit it all in :)

Good luck!

Yes its hard , and draining emotionally (imo) sometimes i cant handle it and just go into my room and cry when both are crying and i cant do both at the same time but its so rewarding, and its lovely when they play together.
Carly was the easiest child to have i swear , when ella came along it changed.
Yes having another child is double the work :)

I dont have a second, but want another when Colton is 3/4 years old.
I do imagine it would be harder because you have a toddler and a baby who have completely different needs and will be on different schedules. But as they get older, I imagine it would only get better plus they will always have someone to play with!

I honestly found that 2 wasen't much different than the one, but thats because my son can be a terror :rofl:. Thankfully Isis is a calm baby and is content to sit in mommy's lap or bouncer. Its gotten a bit tougher though since she's teething and my nerves are a bit frazzled but all in all, it wasen't a huge difference for me. But I think that also has to do witht he age difference (4 years apart).

Both! some days it can be really stressful with both crying or just being plain naught but other days, like today for instance, are great!! She's slept well kieran's played and been good. Agree with mamafy, multitasking is the way to go!!

Its harder but you cope, with baby #1 you have all the time in the world; but with each subsequent baby there is naturally less time but you multitask to fit it all in :)

Good luck!

Very true. It's also the hardest when one is a toddler and one is a baby. Both in diapers and very dependent of you. Once the baby starts crawling and then walking, you seem to get a bit more time to do what needs to get done as they keep themselves occupied with play.

I look back and am so glad I had two. With just one, that one would have been bored easier, etc. and more demanding of your time.

i have 2 and i thought it was tough adding the second one i am terrifed i wont cope with the third.

Baby no 2 due in 8 weeks - not sure I should read this thread :lol:

DD was a nightmare baby - no fault of her own, she wasn't well......I'm hoping baby no 2 will be calm and well and it won't be so hard! No guarantees though is there?!!

i found it really hard when callum was born, especially in the mornings getting nicole ready for school, you could guarantee callum would need feeding the minute we were about to leave the house.

it has started to get easier tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->