Is it normal to be this paranoid?

LilPeanuts

Reaction score
I'm 13 dpo and AF would be due tomorrow. I've confirmed my pregnancy with a million different test and got all BFP's since around 8-9 dpo. But for some reason, I'm really nervous and paranoid that something bad is going to happen. I can't explain it. Every time I start feeling crampy, I immediately think "oh no, the baby..." Every time I use the bathroom I check for spotting. It's constantly on my mind and I can't stand it anymore. Is this normal in early pregnancy? I don't remember being this way with my other 2 pregnancies! Do you feel this way too? How have you been dealing with the anxiety?

I kind of can relate. I am pregnant after my MC in August and I am naturally worried but my doc reassured me that everything is going well. I had a dream I was bleeding and thought it was so real.. then I had a dream of me having my baby.

I think its normal for us to go thru these emotions especially those who have had a MC.

My HCG and progesterone are right on target so lets see what the 2nd test shows after today!!!

I hear of a lot of women who have their hcg levels checked in early pregnancy. I've never had this done. Is it only for those who have had issues in the past? My dr has never mentioned it. In fact she doesn't want to see me until I'm 8 weeks along.

I wouldn't say it's normal but it is common. I think you'd have to request it bc like you said most docs won't see you until you're 8weeks. My doc ordered mine to be checked bc of my MC

We only get seen at 8 weeks here as well. The first few weeks are so worrying especially after a loss. Hope all goes well for you x

Hi Lilpeanuts and gals!

I can definitely relate. I am being very precautious and it's hard to get to excited about this pregnancy. In the back of my mind I keep thinking about my previous miscarriage. Every time I go to the washroom I am checking for spotting. I hate it. Also was having constant cramping last week which kept me concerned. Cramps have calmed down now. I will feel easier once I see my blood counts or an U/S.

I was super relaxed & then I had a big bleed at 7 weeks. I became a nervous wreck fr the next 6 weeks. Now I'm almost 21 weeks & relaxed again.

I think it's completely normal. I was that way with my daughter and now with this pregnancy as well.

As for the hcg blood draw...I believe it just depends on the doctor. I haven't had any previous issues but for both of my pregnancies my dr has had me get an hcg blood draw to make sure my numbers are rising like they should.

It's normal! At least it was for me. Not so much this time around but last time, I was a nervous wreck the whole first 12 weeks. I was constantly checking for blood when I wiped, I kept taking pregnancy tests and if the line looked a bit lighter I would cry and be convinced I was miscarrying, I would panic when I had no symptoms and was completely convinced there was nothing in my tummy. I was so petrified at my 12 week scan as I had convinced myself something was wrong as I just could not be pregnant that I almost threw up and fainted. Everyone in the corridor was looking at me :rofl: they probably thought I had been given bad news. Of course, I went into the scan and everything was absolutely perfect. From that day on I relaxed! It's normal.

As we are mummies, our instincts just want to protect our little ones so we panic that they're not okay and there is no way of knowing - j always wish there was a little window into my tummy to see! But all is okay! And what you feel is just normal.

It's normal! At least it was for me. Not so much this time around but last time, I was a nervous wreck the whole first 12 weeks. I was constantly checking for blood when I wiped, I kept taking pregnancy tests and if the line looked a bit lighter I would cry and be convinced I was miscarrying, I would panic when I had no symptoms and was completely convinced there was nothing in my tummy. I was so petrified at my 12 week scan as I had convinced myself something was wrong as I just could not be pregnant that I almost threw up and fainted. Everyone in the corridor was looking at me :rofl: they probably thought I had been given bad news. Of course, I went into the scan and everything was absolutely perfect. From that day on I relaxed! It's normal.

As we are mummies, our instincts just want to protect our little ones so we panic that they're not okay and there is no way of knowing - j always wish there was a little window into my tummy to see! But all is okay! And what you feel is just normal.

Thank you for saying all of that! I feel better knowing I'm not completely crazy. I'm going to try and do my best to just relax and enjoy the ride. I know once I see that 8 week scan I'll feel a bit better.

Everytime I wipe I half expect to see blood and if I have the slightest feeling down there I have to rush to the toilet...hopefully after my scan on Monday I will relax a bit!

I'm exactly the same way this time around..

But that's because this pregnancy is different from my others. I have no morning sickness and had ample with my first two! And it's fair to say it's got me absolutely petrified. I also had an early scan at 5+3 and only found a sack and yolk.. Wow did that send my anxiety through the roof!

I am so paranoid this pregnancy. I'm spotting again right at 4 weeks just like I did wth my blighted ovum and my doctor is freaking me out with these hcg beta levels. It took five people to tell me that 137 is pretty damn close to the 140 my doctor wanted them to be on Thursday and though she wasn't happy with it she is probably just cautious after what happened last pregnancy. So I'm keeping my hopes up. It's not over till the miscarriage actually happens right?

I am so paranoid this pregnancy. I'm spotting again right at 4 weeks just like I did wth my blighted ovum and my doctor is freaking me out with these hcg beta levels. It took five people to tell me that 137 is pretty damn close to the 140 my doctor wanted them to be on Thursday and though she wasn't happy with it she is probably just cautious after what happened last pregnancy. So I'm keeping my hopes up. It's not over till the miscarriage actually happens right?

I don't blame you for being paranoid! Try to stay positive :) I had bleeding with both my previous pregnancies and those 2 sticky little beans are now 4 years old and 7 months old! Doctors always have a way of making you worry, don't they?! I hope all turns out well for you and I'm keeping my fx!

LOL i know right?! I understand she doesn't want to get my hopes up too much in case it is another miscarriage but I didn't think 137 was that bad XD I mean those five hours could have been those three little points I needed to make 60% LOL
Thank you very much for helping me keep my hopes up. I wouldn't have been nearly as anxious if I didn't have the spotting >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->