Is it normal to brown bleed in the 5th week?

chicachic

Reaction score
I have been TTC for almost 2 years and got pregnant in this cycle after taking an HSG test last month.

I bled once at 8-9 dpo. Assumed it was implantation.

Faint bfp on 10 dpo.

Dark BFP on 16 dpo.

Bled brown blood again (only in the morning when I wiped) on 17 dpo today!!!

Is this normal to bleed a week after implantation?

the baby is still implanting way past the missed period. its common in the 5th week, especially with my experience to add in, that spotting often occurs in the 5th week. i think the embryo continues to implant until about 6 weeks.

I got so scared in the morning... I thought I miscarried!

the only time you should worry is if theres cramping with bright red blood or if the spotting becomes heavy or doesnt stop.
i had tan spotting twice in week 5. i didnt have any spotting at any other time though. the spots were caused by implantation and sexual activity in my case, but the sexual activity made me have huge tan circle spots on my pantiliner and that lasted all day. i didnt have cramping with the spotting but i had one sided cramping that day, as i did normally every day from 4-6 weeks.

Totally normal! I had it with my daughter and had a lil when I wiped today. So long as you aren't cramping bad, there's no clots, and no bright red blood or period red blood then you're fine! Just keep an eye on things and call your doctor if it increases a lot.

I just wanted to mention here... I didn't miscarry :wohoo:
I bled Brown to Red! Cramped! and so on.....
Midwives assumed without even testing.... After about a month I realised she held on! :baby:

Wow what a story!! So happy for you:) Did you get an ultrasound to confirm she is doing well?

I did get an ultra sound done at week 8 and then in week 12...
We've only seen her heartbeats which seem to be fine.
I am still quite worried because we couldn't know what really went wrong!!!
Hopeful...

Well I'm glad you've seen the heartbeats!! Are they considering your pregnancy high risk now? They just assumed that you miscarried due to bleeding and cramping? Sorry about all the questions it's just such and interesting story!

Wow, I'm so glad to hear they were wrong!

Well I'm glad you've seen the heartbeats!! Are they considering your pregnancy high risk now? They just assumed that you miscarried due to bleeding and cramping? Sorry about all the questions it's just such and interesting story!

No! They consider my pregnancy as an absolute normal one. They have only asked me to avoid running or heavy gymming which I would obviously avoid. I am also asked to consider options of Soft Yoga suitable for pregnancy and physiotherapy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->