Is it normal to feel cramping at 13 weeks? Worried

YorkieMom

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and for the last 2 days Ive felt light cramping - kind of like period pains. Is this normal at 13 weeks or should I be concerned? I had a CVS done on Tuesday, so am starting to worry I may be MC'ing :nope:

Hi hon i have had cramping all along .. as long as it is not too bad (in other words has u keeled over in pain) and no bleeding u should be fine .. baby goes through growth spurt at 13 weeks i was told so its probably ur ligaments stretching .. try sitting down with your feet up and leaning into the pain. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I'm not in big pain or anything but it is like period pains that I haven't had since about weeks 4-6. They're better when I sit and laydown, but if I was on my period now I'd be taking an ibuprofen, but won't take anything now as I don't want it to harm baby.

Hi hon .. i have that now and im just over 16 weeks .. it's ligament stretching im sure. I was told by my gynae we are allowed to take paracetamol but i refuse to take any medication at all when pregnant .. it just doesn't feel right and i wouold stress even though gynae says its okay. Also try a warm bath - that helps me sometimes when it gets real bad. I am sure u will be fine. I landed p going for an early scan at 15 weeks because the pain was QUITE BAD and baba was dancing away in there quite merrily so i really dont think u have anything to worry about but like i said if it gets worse or u start spotting best to get checked out.

As long as the pain doesn't get worse than a period and you don't bleed at all, it's fine. If you see any spotting, get checked out. Otherwise, cramping pain is normal all throughout pregnancy.

I had this too and I also had bleeding on top of everything and so far baby is just fine! He's been kicking me all morning.

I had the same when I was 14 weeks. Apparently babys go through a major growth spurt during that time. I was feelig so bad I had to be in bed for a few days. Don't worry, it's completely normal.

:flower:

It could also be round ligament pain. Google is our friend (sometimes!) : )

Last pregnancy and this one, I have had all sorts of random weird cramps. With my LO, I had a bad cramp that last 3 days (round ligament pain) that I basically just laid in bed, it hurt so bad.

:hugs: :hugs:

Yorkiemom are you an Aug 29th due date also? I too am 13 weeks tomorrow!

I too have had cramping the whole time, but if cramping isn't normal for you, I'd get checked out just in case. Cramping can be expected (and normal) after a CVS, but you could have a small bleed/clot inside your uterus too, bleeding can cause cramping (bleeds are very common too so don't worry tho!) Keep us posted, I'm sure everything is fine:)

I am just 13 weeks pregnant and I'm having butt cramps and like period cramps how can I get rid of them and it this normal

:nope: I am 13 weeks pregnant and all day I have been having some quite sore cramping and pain around my pelvis and tummy. It's especially bad on my lower right side which is worrying as I know from my ultrasound that's where baby is. No bleeding at all though! Is this normal? Does anybody know any ways to help with discomfort/pain without medications e.g paracetamol as I don't want to take anything at all like that? Thank you :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->