Is it normal to feel this terrified?

WeeSal

Praying for 3rdtime lucky
Reaction score
It's finally time to move on to the TTC forum! I experienced a mmc at nearly 12 weeks, finding this out at my scan on Christmas Eve. Clearly, like you all, we were devastated and we both felt that we needed a bit of time to come to terms with our loss before trying again. We would have liked to start TTC a couple of months ago but we get married in 4 weeks and agreed that we should probably get that out of the way first.

Is it normal to feel this terrified? I really don't know if I could go through all that pain again. I'm about to turn 35 in a few days, is it too late? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

It is scary! Once you've had a loss I don't know if you ever really get passed the scared feeling. I got pregnant right away after my mc, and some days are worse than others, but I definitely get scared. But getting past the point when I lost the previous one helped, so did a scan where they told me the heartbeat was strong. These little milestones are helping decrease my fear every day.

And don't worry about being 35--I'll be 33 in October, this is my first. I know plenty of women that didn't start till their mid-30's and went on to have successful pregnancies.

Good luck with everything xo

It is perfectly normal to feel this way. I know it doesn't make it an easier knowing that we have to go through it feeling this way.

I keep asking myself the question "did I wait too long ttc?" I know in my heart that I didn't but it's just one of those things you question when dealing with a loss. I am 32 and DH is 33. I know plenty of people having babies later in life that didn't have any issues. My friend has a healthy little boy and she is 37. She got pregnant the 1st month ttc.

It'll happen for us too!

I have no personal experience in terms of age but I know plenty of people who have had experienced successful pregnancies this age and over! And the question about being terrified - I hope so! We are waiting to try again by the end of the year and I'm already bricking it! (But very excited too!) I lost my baby late June and I'm only just beginning to look towards the future again. Good luck!

I am freaking out too. I have not been pregnant for 10 years last month. I am 33. During this TTC journey I have had one chemical pregnancy and one miscarriage. Makes me paranoid that my body is done and I do not have any more viable eggs...

Thanks for the replies. Lets just hope the fear abates a bit.

Good luck to you all xx

Hi!

I am 33 years old and have suffered two mcs in the last 12 months, the second pregnancy didn't get as far as the first. I have just discovered that I'm pregnant again, almost 6 weeks now. I am completely freaked out and on tender hooks with every pain or cramp I get, as is my poor hubby. I don't have any other children and do worry that I have left it too late. Since my last mc I have changed job to one with almost zero stress as I really think that stress and lack of sleep probably didn't help in the past. However, at times I still feel panicky with feelings of 'air hunger' though I know this is due to worry. I'm also not sure what my blood group is, but know that my sister and father are both A Rhesus Negative and worry about the implications of this. So many worries but I guess I just have to ride with them, I mean what's the alternative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->