Is it normal to have negative OPK in between two positives?

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
Basically just as the title says! I took an OPK yesterday at seven pm, and then after DH and I DTD, took another and said negative. The took another with FMU at 7AM, and got another positive. Is this normal? I guess my urine last night could have been diluted. What do you think? Here's a pic... Even the 4pm one from today looks positive. Is it okay to have negatives in between positives? https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/kmr1763/IMG_0546-1.jpg?t=1315525765

It's perfectly normal to get a false positive with FMU, especially if you've just had your surge, you should not really take you OPK's with FMU, but BD just in case! Good Luck!!

Actually, the instructions on my opks say to take with fmu... I'm not concerned really that I got a false pos-- the reason you take opks later in the day is because the hormone usually surges later in the day... So I'm pretty sure my test from last night and from this morning were both pos. I am most concerned about the negatives in between the two positives I got!

It is probably just due to how much LH you have metabolised into your urine. If you don't leave long before peeing it can get weak and so would show up as a negative. It is recommended that you reduce fluid intake and hold off from peeing for two hours prior to each test. It is likely just to be weaker urine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->