Is it normal

A

addie25

Is it normal to be feeling worse with each day that passes? I hope this doesn't continue. I dot want to feel like this till may or June when wean hopefully start ivf. I feel like I just exist and am just floating around. I'm silly a very funny outgoing person. I found the ultrasound pictures from 13 weeks yesterday. I asked my husband to hide them. How long did it take u all to feel normal?

I will never feel 'normal' again... how can you??

You learn to live with the pain but you NEVER get to go back and be the person you was before... i dont think so anyway :-(

:hugs:

i agree with Jo totally i dont think ill ever feel like i did before i lost my daughter but things will get better!!i think in time you will be able to look at scan pictures etc but for now maybe its best to put them away until you feel better able to cope with it.dont forget that there is so much support out there and everyone here is so amazing.. you will feel ok soon though youll never forget it!! focus on keeping yourself well for when you start ivf and i hope with all my heart it works out for you both!
thinking of ur angel xxxx

I have a drawer in my dresser full of things from my first pregnancy. Boxes of pregnancy tests, books, vitamins, a stuffed dog that was mine as a newborn. I don't have the heart to open that drawer and go through what's inside. It is hard and you will never feel the same, but that's ok. I've noticed a shift in my personality, my priorities, and also my relationships... I have grown apart from some friends while become much closer to others. My relationship with my OH is so, so much stronger now. There have been sad changes and good changes. You just have to go with the flow, allow yourself to be sad when it happens but try to look towards the future and be hopeful. Things will be ok, even if it takes a long time.

Normal is a strange term after suffering a loss. Time passing will make it easier but I agree that you may never be exactly as you were pre-loss.. It has been a lil over 6 months since my last loss and there is still a room in my house that i do not go into. Its where the crib and nursery we started are. Im ok with having some parts of my life closed off for now, and im ready to try and fill that crib again.. Planning on trying for a christmas baby :) goodluck to everyone hope your hearts heal and you get your take home babys

I also put all the baby clothes away n will not look at them. My friend came over to see my house for the first time and I took her into every room except the baby room and the babys bathroom it's 2 hard but they do not even look like they r for a baby yet.

I do think that the word 'normal' is a tricky one following a loss. I never thought I would feel the way I do and hope to never go through it again but each day is definately different. Some days I seem more positive and forward thinking, other days I hate all pregnant ladies and want even the word pregnancy to disappear from the world. I even got frustrated in a shop as they had a baby event on! Taking each day as it comes, talking and sharing experiences and feelings seems to be the way that I am coping best and this site is wonderful for it.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->