Is it normal?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Savannah i 6wks old today and she is still spending most of the day sleeping. Is this normal? I've heard of other babies her age being awake most of the day.

Its normal.Mine was also sleepy.Nothing to worry about.Enjoy your free time,soon she will give sleeppless nights!

yup it was normal for Amelia at that age and still now she sleeps a lot!

normal i would say! all babies are different. my ali sleeps loads all day and then sleeps all night too! he is really bright and alert when he is awake and feeds well. if he wasn't like that i would worry.......as long as Savannah is feeding and alert when awake i would say there is no problem (just get some snooze yourself then hun!!!).

Christine
XXXXX

oh totally normal! I didn't feed Alasdair enough (I didn't do it on purpose) when he was first born and he was awake a lot (not necessarily crying) then suddenly when he started getting enough he'd feed, sleep, feed, sleep. It was amazing! It'll probably change quite soon but when she's having growth spurts she'll still sleep a lot. Alasdair has days/weeks where all he does is feed and sleep still!

I would say its normal.... enjoy the time :)

Rihanna spends most days awake and then has a few days were she just sleeps loads.... All bambino's are different hun x

Some are sleepy and some (like my Lola) don't need much sleep.She now sleeps about 12 hours a day and is perfectly happy with that. :lol:

Don't worry,as long as she's happy about it enjoy some nice 'me' time.

Thanks girls! Savannah is quite alert when she's awake, and is waking every 2 hrs during the day to feed so I guess I just have some good boob juice that makes her sleepy.

maddi was sleepy up till about 2months and then started becoming more awake in the day, she still gets her sleep days though. :wohoo: for your good milk mommy! x

They have there days at that age when they sleep ALOT , shows she is growing :)
Nothing to worry about perfectly normal ;)

I would say it was definitely normal to sleep nearly all the time at that age :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->