• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

is it ok to have dental treatment

spiceyuk

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and discovered i have a big crack through one of my teeth (only had a check up 3 weeks ago and everything was fine) I am sure I will need at the very least a filling. Is it ok to get this done while pregnant? I only have 3 weeks to go and don't want to go into labour or affect the baby with any medication

They won't use any medication on you but they will put a temporary filling in till after the baby is born then u go back to have work done with medication

Yeah, they will do what they can in temp form, and ask you to go back after baby is born as they will probably want to do an x-ray. Im so thankful for free dental in pregnancy! :flower:

I had a tooth extracted around 30ish weeks. My dentist already had xrays and I was allowed a local anaesthetic.

I had a small filling 3 days ago with no pain relief it was fine!! Praise the free dental treatment too it's great!! x

They will avoid doing x-rays and giving you a general anaesthetic, but local anaesthetics and other minor work should be fine. You will probably find that they may do a temporary repair and ask you to come back after the birth. I registered with a new dentist in my last pregnancy, and they wanted to do full x-rays to put on my record, but they weren't willing to do it while I was still pregnant, so I had to go back afterwards. In the meantime though he had a look over my teeth just to make sure everything was okay.

remember you have free dental in the UK when you're pregnant

Its perfectly safe to have dental treatment. Ive had loads done as my teeth seem to give in when pregnant. Ive had x rays, 2 root canals and an extraction. My dentist assured my x rays are perfectly safe later on in pregnancy but always gave me the option during the earlier months. I also had a lot of treatment during my first pregnancy with no repercussions at all xxx

Its perfectly safe to have dental treatment. Ive had loads done as my teeth seem to give in when pregnant. Ive had x rays, 2 root canals and an extraction. My dentist assured my x rays are perfectly safe later on in pregnancy but always gave me the option during the earlier months. I also had a lot of treatment during my first pregnancy with no repercussions at all xxx

OT - but OMG you look amazing in your profile pic! Sorry for thread hijack...

OT - but OMG you look amazing in your profile pic! Sorry for thread hijack...

Oh thank you very much. Dont think im gonna look so good this time round though :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"