Is it okay to only get one positive OPK?

ltrip84

Mom and pregnant
Reaction score
I took clomid on days 5-9 and as I was starting to lose hope on ovulating this month (my bbt has been crazy and I kept getting negative opks), I finally got a positive opk yesterday evening on CD23! I have been using the cheap strips and confirmed the positive with CBE digital.

We BDed last night and my opk was negative this morning. Is it normal to test twice a day and only get one positive opk?

My BBT chart has been going up and down, up and down. My temp was really low in the morning the day I had my positive opk but I thought it was just due to taking antibiotics. It went up from 96.98 yesterday to 97.22 today.

Do you think Bding last night is enough? My husband has been having some issues after hurting himself at work and Bding really takes it out of him so I was hoping to give him a break.

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'm no expert.
But in my opinion one of two things could be possible here:

1) You may not have ovulated at all and just detected a slight surge

2) You caught the tail end of your surge and it was a short surge [they can be as short as 4 hours, that's why it's recommended that you test more than once a day during fertile time, in case you are one of those people]

Hopefully it's the second one. If you did just ovulate than it only really takes one bd to get it done [there is another woman on this forum who got pregnant both times only bding once the months she got pregnant] so it's totally possible.

Good luck!

I had the temperature dip the morning I had the positive test in the evening, but I still haven't had the temperature spike 2 days later. It is around 96.9. Let's hope it has to do with the antibiotics I'm taking. Thanks for your reply and let's hope I just had a short surge!

I just wanted to update you all. I guess I actually ovuated since af came on CD34! It is great that I know I actually ovulated, but now I'm concerned about my luteal phase being so short... My positive opk was on CD23, so if I ovulated on CD24 (since I can't tell from my irratic temps), that would make my luteal phase only 10 days. I picked up a Vitamin B-50 Complex at the store last night because I've read that may help lengthen my LP....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->