Is it possible for me to be ovulating this soon?

moomoo

Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!
Reaction score
Hi Again,

I would have posted this in TTC but no one will talk to me in there! :( I know you girls have more experience of this type of thing anyway...

As most of you know i've recently miscarried...everything passed naturally and i have just stopped bleeding within the last few days.

My question is, i've been having what looks suspiciously like ewcm...Is this the normal type of cm to be experiencing after a m/c or could i indeed be ovulating? :blush: It was 2 weeks yesterday from the begining of my m/c?

Thanks xx

Hi Moomoo

Firstly - sorry for your loss. I had my 2nd m/c this week and had d&C Thursday. I have been looking into when to ttc again - I think partly as a way to try and move on and in an attempt to try take my mind of m/c. I undertstand that you can certaintly ovulate in first cycle after m/c and women also get pregnant and go onto have healthy babies straight after m/c. I think your body can be a bit all over the place after m/c - so signs (like EWCM) you would have had might be a bit misleading. Has your doctor been measuring hcg levels in blood? If so, if your hcg levels went down to zero - then certainly a chance you could be ovulating. You could try opk's - but I understand that these will only give an acuratre reading if you hcg levels were at zero. Take care - I'm sure the other ladies will be along shortly with their views.

I dont think they have been measuring my hcg levels so not sure.. I hate the NHS - never do anything properly! :hissy:

I suppose it could be my hormones making the ewcm..it might not even be that, but it sure does look like it... :blush:

whoops, i forgot to say i'm sorry for your loss too, the girls on here have been amazing for me. im sure you'll find the same xx:hugs:

Thanks Moo. I have just noticed on an earlier post that when you went for scan they said you had foliciles. I am really no expert - but I thought that folicles appear on ovaries and then develop to release egg - so you could be ovulating (or getting ready to ovulate).

(As I said, I am no expert - but I'm sure your doctor or mw could answer this off the top of their head.

Hi Moo. First honey - let me say I LOVE your profile pic. You are beautiful! I am so sorry about what is happening. I don't know exactly how long it has been since your miscarriage - but I am assuming you have not yet had a period?

It is possible for you to be ovulating soon after a miscarriage. Some women do become pregnant after a miscarriage without ever having a period in between. If you feel ready to TTC - you should go ahead honey.

Some women use OPKs to determine if they are ovulating. With a recent mc is it possible for an OPK to show positive, even when you are not ovulating. Have you had a -ve HPT yet?

Don't know if this is helpful - but wanted to send you big :hug: and let you know we are here to chat any time.
xx

Hi Moo. First honey - let me say I LOVE your profile pic. You are beautiful! I am so sorry about what is happening. I don't know exactly how long it has been since your miscarriage - but I am assuming you have not yet had a period?

It is possible for you to be ovulating soon after a miscarriage. Some women do become pregnant after a miscarriage without ever having a period in between. If you feel ready to TTC - you should go ahead honey.

Some women use OPKs to determine if they are ovulating. With a recent mc is it possible for an OPK to show positive, even when you are not ovulating. Have you had a -ve HPT yet?

Don't know if this is helpful - but wanted to send you big :hug: and let you know we are here to chat any time.
xx

Thanks Applegirl,

The cowgirl pic was on the day i found out i was pregnant, and the other pic is one of me and my man..hes such a big teddybear bless him! I thought it would be nice to put up some happy pics, so i dont feel so glum when i come on here lol! thanks for the support, it means a lot xx PS no its been 15 days since i first discovered i was bleeding so no AF yet X

It's funny you are posting this, because today I was wondering if I was ovulating too. I know we both lost our babies around the same time...

It's funny you are posting this, because today I was wondering if I was ovulating too. I know we both lost our babies around the same time...

I seem to be having what looks like ewcm..but not really sure if i will ovulate or whether its just post m/c discharge? I dont seem to be having any cm today so not sure if its just the hormones playing tricks on me? :dohh:

Keep me updated x

hey moomoo -have you tried charting on fertility friend? might be difficult to see patterns this cycle - but starting next month it might help you know for sure when you are Oving. (that is if you don't get your joy again first!) x

I got pregnant just a few weeks after losing my darling son Thomas....so yep, it can happen. I had a beautiful daughter called Lauren who was my little saviour:cloud9:

Last year my friend had a miscarriage at 10wks, dnc etc and got pregnant a few weeks later too (no period, found out 4 wks after miscarriage that she was pregnant again), she now has a lovely little boy called Finley:happydance:

In my m/c book, it says that whether you have had a D&C or not, you will most likely ovulate 2-4 weeks after. The Hcg levels drop rapidly after the m/c (or even before you m/c) and your body returns to it's normal cycle.

(Miscarriage-why it happens and how best to reduce your risks By Henry M. Lerner, MD, OB/GYN)

Hey Moo, I too have to say, awesome profile pic honey!!! I definitly ov'd 2 weeks after mc - I am sure of this as I have ovulation pains each month and it was confirmed when I went to hospital for my final scan. Just had AF so waiting for some signs, although have noticed some signs, so this could be the start .... have you decided to TTC again or are you going to wait for AF first?

Hey Moo, I too have to say, awesome profile pic honey!!! I definitly ov'd 2 weeks after mc - I am sure of this as I have ovulation pains each month and it was confirmed when I went to hospital for my final scan. Just had AF so waiting for some signs, although have noticed some signs, so this could be the start .... have you decided to TTC again or are you going to wait for AF first?

Hi Chrissie,

we are going to try this month, but arent holding out on it, if we dont fall we will start properly next month...Just a wee question - when they say you ovulate 2-4 weeks after a miscariage, does this mean 2 weeks from when you first bleed or 2 weeks from when you stop bleeding?? :dohh: Also my u/s pointed out that i have healthy folicles on my ovaries...could this mean im ovulating? x

I cant give you a definite, only personal experience and I ovulated between 2 and 3 weeks after mc started but mine was a medically assisted mc so dont know if that makes any difference.....

Im keeping my fingers crossed for you honey, keep us posted xx Hope to catch you in TTC and then 1st tri :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->