Is it possible to ovulate while on BC?

Alidravana

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my last month of BC before my husband and I start TTC #1 next month (January). My last pack of pills got a little messed up at the end because I picked up a stomach bug and my AF started about 5 days before it normally does. I started my next pack just fine, but now I am noticing signs of ovulation, such as breast tenderness and a pinching on my right side of my pelvis (I normally don't notice these during my cycle).

I would technically be on CD 15 I think, so I think I may be ovulating on BC (Alesse is the brand). Have any of you ladies experienced this? I'm debating whether or not we should try BDing to seize the opportunity, but not sure if that is a good idea since I am still taking the pill.

Thanks for your feedback.
Jenny

Of what I know, you can ovulate if you miss even one or don't take it with an hour everyday. My doctor took me off alesse a long time ago because of too many recalls and unplanned pregnancies... if your husband is willing, make a baby! I know I would :)

So the husband wants to wait until the New Year cause he's worrying about hiding that we are trying from friends (drinking at Christmas and New Years). Oh well, at least if I am reading the symptoms right, I can ovulate! :)

I have also heard of higher rates of pregnancy with Alesse because it's such a low dose of hormones in that particular brand. So unless you are willing to risk it I'd use backup for the next few days. However if it's just a matter of not drinking there is the thought I've seen on TTC boards to "drink till it's pink" (referring to the pregnancy test). Sorry to your hubby but I had to be the devil's advocate here haha.

When you are on birth control pills you will not ovulate unless you miss pills then chances that you could ovulate go up. I think missing even one pill could allow that to happen. The pill is designed to be a 2-step prevention process - stop ovulation and to stop implantation. However, the human body wants to reproduce - that's its sole biological function. And it will often do whatever it can to overcome the barriers you put in its way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->