Is it rude to ask how old you other mummas are?

nearly 19 with number 1 and kind of nearly 22 with this one. Partner will be 30 a month after this one arrives x

I'm 37 and pregnant with our first after a long ttc journey. We started trying 10 years ago. I'm classed as high risk due to being underweight (bmi 17.5), not due to age.

SaraVO - Ha, I know exactly how you feel. I'm considered old in my culture as well. Especially for having my first. When I was 29 my relatives actually told me it was my "last year" to have babies because I would be too old later on... My family's nuts though. I'm glad DH and I did things our way. My mother also really wanted to be a parent when she was 35... Yeah... I was 16 by then... I'm not at all saying people shouldn't have kids early. I just know it wasn't for me... I was too busy raising myself and my parents to be a good mother in my 20's.

LittleDreamer - Congratulations!!! My boss had her girls at 42 and 44 respectively. No problems conceiving either time and no problems throughout either pregnancy. They're healthy and happy tweens now.

I don't feel old, my doctor isn't treating me like I'm old. It's just the family that thinks we are. But, check I had a cousin get pregnant at fifteen. But most of them were parents by twenty-three. I was traveling, going from job to job all over the country. My husband was backpacking Europe. We took our time. It was right for us. Just very unusual. In my family the girls stay home until they have a husband.

I was 1.5 months away from turning 18 when my 1st was born, my husband was 18. We had our second at 21 and I will be 26 when our third and last baby arrives.
I think as you get older you are more aware of the risks and things that can go wrong. Im still considered very low risk with previous uncomplicated pregnancies and births behind me, but I felt so uptight about this pregnancy than I have with my others. I think throughout my ttc journeys with number 2 and 3, I've become a lot more educated on the things that can go wrong, miscarriage, genetics ect. I found myself this time around booking private genetic testing and extra scans because of my apprehensions. I will say these have absolutely put to bed my anxieties. I think ive worried about the impact it could have on my family and children, if something were to be wrong.

I was 19 when the twins were born
23 for our 3rd
26 for our 4th
And will be 28 for #5

I was 20 when i fell pregnant with ds1 gave birth about a month after i turned 21 (sounds so young now 😱) i had ds2 when i was 23 and dd when i was 25 i'm almost 27 now and would like to try and squeze another pregnancy in before i turn 30..😁

I'm 24 due in April and turn 25 in May!!

I gave birth to my first at 20 x

Had the twins at almost 23 and will turn 27 a week after I am due with #3. :)

20 when DS was born. I'm 25 and DH turns 28 today, thankfully we decided to have a family young since I have so many issues with fertility, this is our last and my FS is convinced we'll never to worry about contraception again!

1st born I was 20.
I'll be 26 when #2 is born
😁😁

SaraVo - I don't feel old either. It's funny you mentioned about the 15-year-old. My uncle had his first at 20, second at 38 and third at 45. Somehow it's totally cool that his first and third have a 25-year-gap but I'm old at 30... It's funny what people choose to judge.

I'm high risk because of my weight :( I was 24 with my first - gave birth 5 days before my 25th birthday. Now I'm 26 and will be due about a month before my 27th!

I'm high risk too. I'm 22, my sac is lower than normal and I have a high BMI. I'm only 8 weeks pregnant though but with a healthy heart beat!

Hello, I was 32 when DS was born and am 34 now, expecting DC#2 when I am 35 (all being well!!)

I suspect I'll be considered high risk because of very high BMI and difficult instrumental delivery with DS x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->