Is it rude to ask how old you other mummas are?

I was 22 when my son was born, and I'm 26 now and will be when this next bean comes along.

I was 16 when I had my first, 18 when I had my second, 20 when I had my third, and I'll be 25 when this little one comes along.

I was 22 with my first...28 with the second and I'll be 38 when this one comes along.

I'm 31 and expecting my first. I definitely think that the older we are the more we are aware of risks and all the scary things. My nurse and my dr. both told me to stay away from Dr. Google...

30 with my first but I'll be 31 when lo is born. I've always been a worrier but I've noticed talking to friends, that those that got pregnant younger were less stressy and those that got pregnant after thirty tended to worry more. It could be related to knowing that you're "running out of time" or all the stats related to "advanced maternal age". Or in my instance, you have more friends who have experienced more types of pregnancies and difficulties. When I was younger I was less aware of how difficult conception and pregnancy really were. But that could also be because I didn't want kids so didn't pay any attention.

22 with my first, 23 with this one. They'll be ten and a half months between them :baby:

I'm 31 and expecting my first. I definitely think that the older we are the more we are aware of risks and all the scary things. My nurse and my dr. both told me to stay away from Dr. Google...

I was three months pregnant when I turned 33. We are both older and this is our "one and done" baby boy. I am very aware that I am an older mom. Not considered high risk until 35 so I am squeaking right under the radar. But, for my culture in my community and just the general way I was raised I am OLD. My aunties remarked on how they thought that we had decided not to have a family because we waited so long. Most of my cousins and friends have children ten or more years older than he will be. My mother in law said that when she turned thirty two she felt as though she was wise enough and had enough life experience to really make good parenting decisions, my husband was ten at the time. So, maybe it's a good thing we are both older.

I was 17 when no 1 was born.
24 when number 2 was born
28 when no 3 was born
31 when no 4 was born
And I'll be 33 when no 5 is born.

I was 31 when i had my son & il be 35 in March with no2, i had a previous csection so i guess im high risk, no home birth or birthing centres for me now

What the average ago of us mums?

I had my first child at 23 second at 26 and now I'm pregnant with no3 at 35, but it's a completely different experience. Maybe I was blissfully ignorant with my last two. The stresses tests etc and being classed as high risk because I turned 35 a few weeks ago..

I feel old now!
Had my first baby at 27, 2nd baby at 30, 3rd baby at 32, & my 4th(and final baby) at 33 just a couple days shy of my 34th birthday:)

I would def agree that pregnancy is very different the older you get. Not that we are 'old' but I think since our bodies have already been through it, everything is just different. Other kids to run after, no time to nap, so it's very different than a first time mama.

Pregnant at 31 with my son had him at 32.
Pregnant at 35 with no2 im 36 on Thursday.... And I. Am. Done after no 2.

I was 18 when I had my first (complete surprise as I was on the pill), then had my second little lady at 25. TTC my 3rd now at 31. :)

*edit* - Apologies - realised I've most prob posted in the wrong part of the forum. Still trying to find my way around!

I had both my children when I was 24, I'm now 26

You feel old ... well I am 42 first pregnancy and so scared. My sister in Law just had a baby at 41 with no issues. I am just over 5 weeks and am awaiting first appointment on 1/21. I want so badly to know if everything is ok, just took a digi test and it says 3+ and my breasts are so so sore, I pee constantly and am just starting with some nausea. Hoping these are all good signs that things are moving along.

SaraVO - Ha, I know exactly how you feel. I'm considered old in my culture as well. Especially for having my first. When I was 29 my relatives actually told me it was my "last year" to have babies because I would be too old later on... My family's nuts though. I'm glad DH and I did things our way. My mother also really wanted to be a parent when she was 35... Yeah... I was 16 by then... I'm not at all saying people shouldn't have kids early. I just know it wasn't for me... I was too busy raising myself and my parents to be a good mother in my 20's.

LittleDreamer - Congratulations!!! My boss had her girls at 42 and 44 respectively. No problems conceiving either time and no problems throughout either pregnancy. They're healthy and happy tweens now.

I was 27 with my first, 29 with my second and 31 with my 3rd. I am now 35 and due with #4 Sept 6. We were not planning on another and it was definitely a surprise!!! I

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->