• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it safe to swim in pool or lake?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm about 6 wks, wondering if its safe to swim in a chlorinated Pool or the lake? We have a pool and I am worried to go in! Also we go out on the boat often and I usually get in the nasty lake water with the kids..... Wondering the dos and don't on this during the first trimester .....

Swimmers and outdoor water sports instructors go in chlorinated/lakes throughout their pregnancies!

It's perfectly fine! There's no need to worry about it, there's no harm for baby in either.

I certainly hope it's safe to go in a pool! I live in FL and it's hitting the mid-90s everyday! I'm in my pool 3x a week! :winkwink: Enjoy the water! It's so relaxing and helps keep you cool this time of year!

Thanks so much!! Such a relief !! I'm about to get my suit on now lol. This heat is taking my horrid nausea to another level of pure misery!

I took a water aerobics class when I was pregnant with my first. The instructor recommended rinsing off after you get out so the pool chemicals don't just sit on your skin, but perfectly safe.

Just shower afterwards :) I lived in the pool with my first and second child. I don't know about the lake though. Parasites and just ew lol. I've always been grossed out by lakes though lol

I grew up swimming in lakes, no parasites here! I'd swim in a lake over a chemical laden pool any day, pregnant or not :)

Our main lake here people are always in it but snake bites and some sort of parasite is common it in. A lot of dead bodies and fish so big that it can swallow a child are found in it. Yeah no thank you lol

Wow crazy snake bites around here are usually in rivers, not lakes. The only parasites I have heard of are in a sand bottom pool (looks like a lake, but it's concrete with sand bottom)...THAT was scary. But man made, not a natural lake!

Lakes gross me out too, but I'm pretty prissy lol. Fish sucking on my toes and nibbling on my butt, no thank you! haha. I'm all for the pools though. I wouldn't sit and sip the water or anything, but as the other ladies mentioned, just rinse off after and you'll be just fine. Swimming is actually fantastic exercise when you're prego. :)

Pool is fine but i would advise you to avoid the lake - a lot more bacteria and parasites. it is only for 9 months anyway.

It's fine. We have a pool too, but I didn't go in it much while pregnant b/c I kept getting utis:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->