Is it stupid...

BabyD331

Reaction score
To be TTC/NTNP without health insurance? Be honest with me please.

Hear me out. I am enrolled for the health insurance I get from my job and it is good insurance but it doesn't activate until January 1st, 2013. Really, I only have 2 months without it. Is this irresponsible of me? I've taken the last few months "off" of TTC and have just been nature take its course but now that I am so close to that date I want to start again. I figure *IF* I were to get pregnant now (should be ovulating any time now.) then I would only be 6-8 weeks along by the time my insurance starts and from what I hear, most people don't see the Dr. until around that time or later. Right?

Am I just being silly or should I really just wait it out?

P.S.-This insurance will cover fertility testing as well :)

I think you are ok, you really don't need to see a dr in your first couple months. Just make sure you aren't smoking, drinking, or excessive caffeine...and start taking prenatal vitamins now!

with our first pregnancy i didnt see the doctor until i was 7wks & i got to see him every month which was awesome :) you should be fine just like FoxMommy said/.

Well, I'm not even pregnant yet :)

Thanks girls. I am not a drinker. I've been to the bar one time and that was almost 3 years ago on my 21st birthday and I haven't had a drink since June (and it was 1 wine cooler). I was a smoker and I still do occasionally but it's really a social thing now-nothing like before when I was at about a half a pack a day.

I will admit though-I've been taking a weight loss supplement just to give me a little extra help shedding weight (it's been helping a lot!). I WILL stop as soon as they're gone or as soon as I get a BFP (Whichever comes first). But other than that, no caffeine unless it's a soda at dinner at a restaurant.

I can't wait until my insurance comes! If I don't have a BFP by then, I will getting some testing done to see what is up. My cycles *seem* to be regulating so that's good. They've been 38 and 40 days the last 2 months rather than 50-60+.

I'm done babbling for now. How is everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->