Is it too late to...?

DCS

Reaction score
Get a passport, pack a bag, and head to some snowy cabin in the mountains somewhere? Before lunch time? Today's the day of the kids Christmas party at my house. Iv been cleaning since 6.30am. It still looks a mess. We have moved loads of stuff upstairs, still think we might struggle for space. Still need to tidy the garden, get showered and dressed, start chopping some salad and veg sticks and get plastic bowls because I'm stupid and forgot them. I also have my yearly cold so feel like crap, plus cramps. I'm tired. The kids are excited and running around. DS has asked to get dressed about 15 times so far today, once he is dressed and showered, he will start the how many more minutes till my friends get here... every 30 seconds. I'm nervous, I don't like people in my tiny home, in my space. The dog keeps looking at me like I'm crazy. I'm not a drinker, infact i haven't had an alcoholic drink in over 8 years but today, I wish I was.
Is it too late to leave for a week?

Eek! I hope the party goes well! Do you have a garden, and a rake? When my LO's are going crazy waiting for visitors I send them out to rake leaves and tell them that when all of the leaves are cleared it will probably be time :haha:

That sounds stressful! I hope that the party goes well :)

We have a garden, and a rake, but no tree or leaves. I asked them to fluff the cushions which killed a bit of time. Apart from my makeup, I think we are all ready. I have a few dishes in the sink but can do them quickly now. If I wasn't so worried about being judged, I'd be excited. I'm sure the kids will have fun though, and I'm guessing they won't notice how small my house is. Thanks ladies.

We have a garden, and a rake, but no tree or leaves. I asked them to fluff the cushions which killed a bit of time. Apart from my makeup, I think we are all ready. I have a few dishes in the sink but can do them quickly now. If I wasn't so worried about being judged, I'd be excited. I'm sure the kids will have fun though, and I'm guessing they won't notice how small my house is. Thanks ladies.

Aww try not to worry about being judged, you are doing a great thing.

I always have a huge clean up before our Halloween party and get a bit anxious about everything being ready but then it seems to go so fast once people start arriving.
The children will be centre of attention when the activities get underway so don't feel judged.
Hope it goes well, report back later! x

It went realy well, I think. Kids seemed to enjoy it. It turns out I can get 14 kids in my living room. I didn't get any of the crafts out because there were happy playing with the few toys we had kept out and the dog. DD got a chance to play with a few of the kids that will be starting school with her next year. We were all exhausted last night.

Thanks ladies. I was so worried about it. I was clearly over thinking it all. I even said I would do it again. Not for a while, but I would, maybe in the summer, just before the little ones start nursery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->