is it worth getting a second opinion? and if so, how do I go about doing it? (uk)

Destiny08

Reaction score
Hi. Im on the nhs in the south of the uk, and sorta wondering really. ?.
I had the implant put in when my daughter was 7 months old in march 2012 and was on that for 13 months. I had no af whilst I was on it and had it removed in April. When af still hadnt returned in july, my gp said that sometimes it can take up to 6 months to return, so come back in october.

I went back about 10 days ago and her response was 'well it can sometimes take up to a year to get back to normal so come back in march...

Now im absolutely devastated that a, she lied. And b, she wont help me. We have a couple of things stacked against us, my husband is on pills that can sometimes lower sperm motility. And if thsts the issue, its ok. I ccan deal with that cos my husband needs those pills atm. If its simply that wehavent gotten lucky yet, I can deal with that too.. but if I have pcos (and I do have a few symptoms of it) and she wont look into it until march, ill be so upset if we get there, find out it was pcos all along and THEN start working to fix it...ill feel like I wasted a whole year without help.

I know pcos is something doctors lookinto after 3 months without a period, and I feel its unfair thst simply because I was on contraceptives, my gp is ignoring the fact that Ihavent had a period in 20 months. Surely I deserve to have someone at least LOOK? Do the questionnaire on symptoms or something...I can wait if I must, but I want to know theres a chance and it hasnt all been a waste...if everythings ok besides some leftover hormones, I can deal with that...but I wanna know thats all it is

Secondly...how would I do that? I cant affordto go private, but being on the nhs, I have my gp (and im not british, just married to a brit, so I dont know how it all works) but can I just phone the surgery and ask to see a different dr? Or is that not allowed? Please help...im just devastated atm...anf I have a history of depression which doesnt help matters lol

Thanks in advance ladies :)

Hey, I'm not in UK so I can't really help, but is there an NHS phone number you can call with questions about what medical care you're allowed?

Sorry, I don't know how it works over there, but when I have questions like that I normally just call my insurance company and ask.

Hope someone can get you a better answer soon, that sounds really frustrating!

Everyone I know who had IUD they're AF came back almost immediately idk about how to get a 2nd look tho /:

Maybe transfer doctors to a new practice? Or ask to see another GP within the same practice and voice your concerns?

You can definitely ask to see a different GP. I very much recommend you do. I recently joined a new surgery and I already saw like 4 or 5 different GPs to find out which one I liked :')

You don't even have to explain why you want to see a different GP... Just ring up and say, can I have an appointment as soon as possible, and they usually say "I've got one with Doctor X on Monday" or whatever. Just ask for one that isn't your current doctor!

Vitex has regulated my cycles. See if that helps for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->