Is it worth taking raspberry leaf tea at 38 weeks??

hotpinkangel

Reaction score
I wanted to try it to see if it would help, but does anyone know if I've left it too late or not? X

im not sure i was thinking the same thing, im unsure whether to start taking it at all as i was only in labour with my first for 3 hours and they say it gets quicker :flower:

well as you could actually go till 42 weeks you could have another 4 weeks... so no hunny its never too late its also advised to take during and after labour.... iv heard the tea bags are better as get into system much faster... i got mine from tesco and there suprisingly luch i really enjoy drinking them...

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=267687856

good luck hunny x

The lady in the healthfood shop I bought mine from recommended I take the capsules instead of the tea as I started at 39 weeks. She said the tea would not be worth drinking.

Hope this helps x

The lady in the healthfood shop I bought mine from recommended I take the capsules instead of the tea as I started at 39 weeks. She said the tea would not be worth drinking.

Hope this helps x

my friend works in a HF shop and she said they will tell you this as there more expensive...lol . tea is ment to be much better.....

I was going to say is that bcos the capsules are like £7 and the tea in tesco is 1.79 - I bought it yesterday- It smells lush and tastes of nothing so its all good :)

I dont expect him to come earlier bcos of it but wouldnt mind the quicker labour!

Thank you girls, it can't hurt to try I guess!! Didn't know tesco sold it, was going to waddle to holland and barratt so thanks Hun, you saved me a trip!!! Xx

Hope this helps x

my friend works in a HF shop and she said they will tell you this as there more expensive...lol . tea is ment to be much better.....

Eeeek!

The teabags were $5.50 and the capsules were $20 :(

Who's the pregnant lady who just got sucked in! I thought the lady in the shop seemed to helpful and friendly to be true! :dohh:

Hope this helps x

Eeeek!

Who's the pregnant lady who just got sucked in! I thought the lady in the shop seemed to helpful and friendly to be true! :dohh:

D: what a con!....
we paid probably the same amount for 25? teabags of it.... (in Australia as well :D)
:( gosh... if i could id have thrown it back in her face! lol

The capsules are just easier to take considering the amount you need to make a difference. You should be drinking 6 cups of the tea a day. I don't think I could drink 6 cups of anything (besides water) in a day! So I've opted for the pills myself. I didn't find them too bad. I got 100 for only £7 at H&B and at the moment they're doing a buy one get one 1/2 off so you can get 2 for like £11. The packets of tea were 20 for about £1.50. So if you were bump that up to 100 packets (so in other words buying 5 of those) it would be £7.50. Sounds the same to me. :shrug:

Hope this helps x

Eeeek!

we paid probably the same amount for 25? teabags of it.... (in Australia as well :D)

Grrrr so cranky, I hate being conned! Interestingly, the lady in the shop said that around the heal/ankle is the pressure point for the uterus so my birth partner should massage my heal/ankle during labour. I wonder if that is true?

would anyone take them if they had a fast labour the first time round?:shrug:

The capsules are just easier to take considering the amount you need to make a difference. You should be drinking 6 cups of the tea a day. I don't think I could drink 6 cups of anything (besides water) in a day! So I've opted for the pills myself. I didn't find them too bad. I got 100 for only £7 at H&B and at the moment they're doing a buy one get one 1/2 off so you can get 2 for like £11. The packets of tea were 20 for about £1.50. So if you were bump that up to 100 packets (so in other words buying 5 of those) it would be £7.50. Sounds the same to me. :shrug:

6 cups a day?? :wacko:

I'm on 4 a day at the moment, and even though I love the tea, I don't think I could physically drink any more of it!

would anyone take them if they had a fast labour the first time round?:shrug:

I don't think I would, tbh. I know every labour is different, and this one may be longer for you, but if you had a fast labour first time round then your body clearly knows what to do already. And the last thing you want is a labour that's too fast - it'd be nice to make it to the hospital before you deliver!

:flower:

6 cups a day I think I read somewhere max is 3/4 that u are suppose to drink!!

Also the tea doesnt taste of anything just smells lovely :)

Hope this helps x

Eeeek!

Grrrr so cranky, I hate being conned! Interestingly, the lady in the shop said that around the heal/ankle is the pressure point for the uterus so my birth partner should massage my heal/ankle during labour. I wonder if that is true?

That is most definitely true. You can look up online where it is. It's what you would get if you went to a reflexologist. Mind you obviously they're better trained and know where and what exactly to do you can totally get you OH to give it a go. :thumbup:

Foxy, you're completely right I made a general comment on the stuff I take! :dohh: I got mine from H&B and it only had 50% Raspberry Leaves. It's supplemented with other things to make it taste yummy so for me I would need to drink more. (Health and Heather brand). But there are really great teas out there with like 1.5g RLT per bag. Drinking 2-3 of those would easily get you the amount you need. At the moment I take 6 pills with 400mg each so that's just about 2.4g. I remember reading somewhere to at least get 2g in and you're good. :thumbup:

Hope this helps x

Eeeek!

That is most definitely true. You can look up online where it is. It's what you would get if you went to a reflexologist. Mind you obviously they're better trained and know where and what exactly to do you can totally get you OH to give it a go. :thumbup:

Foxy, you're completely right I made a general comment on the stuff I take! :dohh: I got mine from H&B and it only had 50% Raspberry Leaves. It's supplemented with other things to make it taste yummy so for me I would need to drink more. (Health and Heather brand). But there are really great teas out there with like 1.5g RLT per bag. Drinking 2-3 of those would easily get you the amount you need. At the moment I take 6 pills with 400mg each so that's just about 2.4g. I remember reading somewhere to at least get 2g in and you're good. :thumbup:

Aw I will see, I will have to check the stuff I have got now!! :wacko:

I think the H&B ones, Heath&Heather ones are just fine, I drank 3-4 cups in my last 2 pregnancies and had VERY short 2nd stages with both, DD2 my labour was 5.5 hours and 2nd stage was recorded as 1 minute, DS labour was 6 hours and 2nd stage was about 3 minutes and he was a big baby! 1st DD didn't drink the tea at all and had a very long labour, 2 hours pushing and ended up with ventouse delivery, so I would say drinking the tea was effective for me :thumbup:

I've been drinking, the tesco one and the H&B one this time round since 32 weeks and already noticed a big intensity in BH :)

I think the H&B ones, Heath&Heather ones are just fine, I drank 3-4 cups in my last 2 pregnancies and had VERY short 2nd stages with both, DD2 my labour was 5.5 hours and 2nd stage was recorded as 1 minute, DS labour was 6 hours and 2nd stage was about 3 minutes and he was a big baby! 1st DD didn't drink the tea at all and had a very long labour, 2 hours pushing and ended up with ventouse delivery, so I would say drinking the tea was effective for me :thumbup:

I've been drinking, the tesco one and the H&B one this time round since 32 weeks and already noticed a big intensity in BH :)

hi so u would recommend from 32 weeks then???
im hearing different stages of when to take it like 32/34 /36 wks :dohh:
should i ask my mw ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back