Is it wrong for me to be upset?

Kristin83

Mommy to twin boys & NTNP
Reaction score
My husbands younger cousin got pregnant by accident just before graduating from high school. His family said they are happy and taking things as they come even though this isn't what they were hoping for her.

I cannot be happy for her no matter what I've tried. With the struggle that we have gone through to try and get pregnant I kinda feel like its not fair...especially when it was unplanned. She isn't the most mature/responsible person either and the raising of the baby will most likely be left for her mother to do....

She had her baby last night....i'm 5 days away from finding out if our cycle of IVF worked...its just making it even harder to stay positive when his family calls me to tell me about the baby and sends me pics....i so want to tell them that I don't care but do not want to be mean...

Am I being petty?

I don't think that you are being petty, I think that considering the situation that you are currently in, it is natural to feel upset that someone else is getting what you are so desperate for.
This is a highly emotional time for you, hormones raging all over the place and I think that any natural reaction you would have may be magnified.
Good luck with your IVF cycle and I hope you get your BFP soon
Helen xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"