is it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
the kids are getting so many big presents off everybody and im tempted to just fill their stockings and not get them any huge presents. they wont even know who the gifts are all from and im sure it wont matter to them.

is it wrong to do this? should i get them a main present too?

They are so young right now they aren't even going to know!

BTW, I think at this age it's more for us then them. LOL

Its up to you sweets , if you feel like you want to there is no harm in doing so!

I don't think its wrong at all! In fact I'm kinda doing the same thing for my step kids. Every year they get so much from everyone else, that they still have gifts they haven't even opened the package yet. So this year my husband and I have decided to open a saving account for them instead.

I don't think it's wrong but i had to get caitlyn a big thing too. I felt awful and i wanted to be the one who got her something.

Do whatever you want, they wont know any different

xxx

I dont think thats bad, we'll probably end up doing the same thing because we're so skint and we've outgrown our house now so we have nowhere to put stuff.

Infact, we're so short of space & money, we're only asking for a couple of bits for Seth and the rest vouchers because he needs a new carset asap and we cant afford one :(

xxx

sweetie i don't think its wrong, just do what you think :hugs:

i think it's a good idea... i'd be tempted to do same thing!
they get so many toys and what not, stuff that they don't play with for long in most cases!

We're doing just about the same. We've got Tegan one big-ish thing and a load of clothes - everyone else will get her the bigger stuff :)

I dont think thats bad, we'll probably end up doing the same thing because we're so skint and we've outgrown our house now so we have nowhere to put stuff.

Infact, we're so short of space & money, we're only asking for a couple of bits for Seth and the rest vouchers because he needs a new carset asap and we cant afford one :(

xxx

we're in exactly the same situation, our house is so small, its only 2beds and there are 4 of us. im dreading all the big toys coz i have nowhere to put them. i might ask for vouchers too because ffion needs a highchair and a new carseat too

I think its a good idea, they are still at a young age

Personally i wouldn't get a big present if they are going to get loads but i would get Rhys lots of little things like books and jigsaws to open at home

You really can't beat the mental wrapping paper throwing on Christmas morning

Personally i wouldn't get a big present if they are going to get loads but i would get Rhys lots of little things like books and jigsaws to open at home

You really can't beat the mental wrapping paper throwing on Christmas morning

yeah i was gonna wrap up some small presents so he can rip them open!

thanks so much girls for replying

I'd have to limit family :blush: I have bought Moo one big thing and lots of smaller things :D I couldn't imagine not :blush: My family limit us with their kids tbh they say Mummy & Daddy are for big gifts your for snaller thoughtful gfts (if that makes sense) in fact one of Aunts demands we never spend more than £10 I admit I buy sales bargains so £10 goes further but I kind of agree with their thinking now I have Moo

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back