Is meal replacements ok when breastfeeding

Macca18

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm due to have my 3rd baby in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if it's ok to use a meal replacement for lunch or a snack. I found when i had me other 2 babys that i didn't really feel like eating or i fall asleep and don't eat much. I bought myself a nutri ninja which is grate and will probably help but i wanted to see if a meal replacement would work aswell. Any ideas if it's possible?

I think eating anything is better than eating nothing. Diet food wouldn't be my preferred choice but in those first few weeks I think you just take what you can get. I lived mainly off biscuits when my LO was newborn, so I can't really lecture someone on their diet.

Can you or someone in your family cook up some batches of stew or soup that you can freeze? You can defrost these as needed.

I'd carefully read the back of whatever meal replacement you buy - some state that they aren't suitable for breastfeeding mothers. They also tend to be loaded with sugar because its the sugar in them that gives you the energy , so you may want to keep that in mind as well. Can you prep some "dump bags" in advance? (Bags of chopped up fruit and veg, stored in the freezer, you just grab one and dump into the nutrininja whenever you need a quick meal). This worked great for me, and i should start doing it again, my snacking is atrocious! Also, another thing to try is when you do cook, cook in bulk and freeze several portions for when you dont have time or energy to cook.

But if you want a meal replacement you can also go into one of those supplement stores and ask them if they have any protein/meal replacement powders that are suitable when breastfeeding, they may be able to recommend one to you. They'll be able to tell you which ones are safe, and which ones are loaded with sugar or calories etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->